Super Angry Birds (Pirate Problem)

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
Ice Man

Super Angry Birds (Pirate Problem)

Post by Ice Man »

Since I made my own MMC3 boards supporting TLROM, TSROM, TKROM, TNROM and probably more using AX5202P pirate IC which was successfully tested on my devcart I ran into a somewhat unknown problem.

I tried to make a cart of Super Angry Birds (found on CaH4e3's Fami Dump Project) which obviously uses MMC3.
AX5202P has been tested successfully before actually soldering in.
Soldered in CHR ROM and PRG ROM (additionally PRG RAM, too) as well as 220pF capacitor between PPU A12 and GND (IRQ?).
Either way, while the game loads, the start button never becomes big when hovered over making it impossible to start.

Dumped the game using Kazzo NES Dumper. All data is equal to the original. EPROMs are fine, too.

I know the game was once on a iNES Mapper 176 Cart (YH-481 4 in 1 or something)-
So does the game actually have any protection or some sort of code that prevents the button from becoming big when you hover over it with the cursor?
DutchC64

Re: Super Angry Birds (Pirate Problem)

Post by DutchC64 »

Hey,

I have this game on my MMC3 socketed board right now and it plays fine on my PAL nes, Famicom (with converter for NES games) and both my PAL and NTSC clone system so I think you have some sort of other problem...
Ice Man

Re: Super Angry Birds (Pirate Problem)

Post by Ice Man »

Thanks for the info. Will check the board later. Probably a faulty MMC3 (AX5202P) eventhough it worked on my devboard. Weird.