Rockman X2 to Megan X2 direct conversion - Anyone done it?

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
majorspawn

Rockman X2 to Megan X2 direct conversion - Anyone done it?

Post by majorspawn »

Hi Gents,
I was wondering if anyone has successfully converted a RMX2 to a MMX2 cart by using 2 X 27c801's or 1 X 27c801 + 27c401? ( the game is 12Mbits)
The input on the on board chips is using a 8Mbit LH538LN4 and a 4Mbit LH534BN2. My understanding is that the pinout of the chips is the same as super FX
So I followed that approach after successfully using it with Starfox 2. What I have attempted is splitting the rom using filesplitter to a 1MB and 512KB file, fixing the checksum, expanding the 512kb to 1M and writing to the 2 X 801s. I have wired as per the super FX pinout. Now I get the Capcom splash intro and the very beginning but then a black screen, the same behavior if I run the 1st part 1MB on an emulator only. Which sort of gives me an impression the second chips is not being addressed etc. I was originally going to use a 401 for the second chip to make it exactly 12Mbits but the 401 does not have an A19 on pin 1 so essentially I have no where to connect this line. Has anyone successfully got this working, if so could I please get some clarification on the best approach? Thanks in advance
rocklite

Re: Rockman X2 to Megan X2 direct conversion - Anyone done i

Post by rocklite »

Could not get it going that way personally. Could have been my poor wiring or board damage though... tried both a 512 and 1mb with and then without proper mirroring on the second half and couldnt get it going. Eventually figured out wiring for a 29f033c though.
megamanretro

Re: Rockman X2 to Megan X2 direct conversion - Anyone done i

Post by megamanretro »

hi everyone , i've made a homemade copy of x2+x3 multicart using a 29L3211 (3.3v) and a new adapter that i've created only for using in a x2 donor.

but for using this guy needs to edit hex o x2 ROM

works like a charm.