M27C160 Eproms and SNES - 8 Bit mode?? Anyone experienced?

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
Ice Man

Re: M27C160 Eproms and SNES - 8 Bit mode?? Anyone experience

Post by Ice Man »

Then I must be lucky with EPROMs cause from all orders I had when started using them around 6 years ago I had only 10 faulty.

Either way, for the jumpers, try these options (either for LoROM or HiROM).

https://imgur.com/a/OURSK

Or if you're living in Europe, send me the boards and EPROMs and I will test them for you. For further details, just write a PM.
IHeartEproms

Post by IHeartEproms »

I'm starting to see why! LoL! I have been at this for only about a month now and had my confidence built up being able to do M27C801's with ease on my first attempt, as well as program my own PIC12F629's! Then I got into these 16meg Eproms and I can understand why people are going with TSOPs and the like these days.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that my Xeltek SuperPro 610P gets here quickly and gives me better results. From what I read today on another forum, someone had to install an older version of the GQ-4x4 software and older USB drivers to get it to write to 16bit Eproms correctly and they were experiencing the same issue I was. Another person says to just remove the J5 jumpers from the adapter altogether and not short any pins and it writes fine... I just hope and pray the Xeltek isn't as finnicky.
Last edited by IHeartEproms on Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
IHeartEproms

Post by IHeartEproms »

Ice Man wrote:Then I must be lucky with EPROMs cause from all orders I had when started using them around 6 years ago I had only 10 faulty.

Either way, for the jumpers, try these options (either for LoROM or HiROM).

https://imgur.com/a/OURSK

Or if you're living in Europe, send me the boards and EPROMs and I will test them for you. For further details, just write a PM.
Unfortunately I'm in the US, but I will give this a shot and see what happens. I appreciate the assistance and advice and I'll let you know if that solves the problem.
IHeartEproms

Post by IHeartEproms »

I am happy to say the problem is solved! Thank you Ice Man! Right after you posted up the diagram, Muramasa contacted me and indeed confirmed that is correct for LoRom PCB's, and HiRom was just as you had said. I was able to salvage both of my socket boards and fix the LoRom/HiRom jumpers. Thank you all so much for your help! Ice Man, I know shipping to Europe from the US isn't cheap, but I'd love to send you a gift for your help. If you'd like, PM me a shipping address. I'd be more than happy to make and send you a socket board for testing games and SuperCIC's. Just let me know if you'd like DIP32 LoRom, DIP42 LoRom or DIP42 HiRom. Thanks a million!
Ice Man

Post by Ice Man »

Glad to hear the problem was solved! Really appreciate your offer but this is what a forum like this should be for. ;) People should help each other if they can. :D