Open Hardware SNES Repro PCB with FeRAM support

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
Oxinar

Re: Open Hardware SNES Repro PCB with FeRAM support

Post by Oxinar » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:51 am

RetroSwim wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:40 pm
I've sent a DM to soniccd, but in a nutshell, it turns out my TL866 adaptor was to blame.

It allows you to program the 32Mbit EPROM in 4Mbit chunks. The A18-A20 selection logic was wired contrary to the silkscreening on my adaptor, so while each 4Mbit chunk was written correctly, they were written in the reverse order.

So with a combination of a byteswapped ROM, and operating my adaptor "correctly", I now got soniccd's board to work.

:)
Hi, I think I have this same problem, no matter what configuration I use, the game just doesn't work and I think the problem is with the adapter I use.
You couldn’t kindly post a picture of the adapter you use, maybe it’s the same one I use, and since you’ve managed to solve your problem, this may be the light at the end of the tunnel I need to make the blessed EPROM work.

RetroSwim

Post by RetroSwim » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:45 pm

Oxinar wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:51 am
RetroSwim wrote:
I've sent a DM to soniccd, but in a nutshell, it turns out my TL866 adaptor was to blame.

It allows you to program the 32Mbit EPROM in 4Mbit chunks. The A18-A20 selection logic was wired contrary to the silkscreening on my adaptor, so while each 4Mbit chunk was written correctly, they were written in the reverse order.

So with a combination of a byteswapped ROM, and operating my adaptor "correctly", I now got soniccd's board to work.

Hi, I think I have this same problem, no matter what configuration I use, the game just doesn't work and I think the problem is with the adapter I use.
You couldn’t kindly post a picture of the adapter you use, maybe it’s the same one I use, and since you’ve managed to solve your problem, this may be the light at the end of the tunnel I need to make the blessed EPROM work.

Oxinar

Post by Oxinar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:44 pm

RetroSwim wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:45 pm
Oxinar wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:51 am
RetroSwim wrote:

:shock: That's the one I use, can you please give me the dip switch configuration you used?

RetroSwim

Post by RetroSwim » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:29 pm

Literally just the opposite of what you expect.

DIP SW - 1-2-3 -- 1=ON
Bank 0 - 1-1-1
Bank 1 - 0-1-1
Bank 2 - 1-0-1
Bank 3 - 0-0-1
Bank 4 - 1-1-0
Bank 5 - 0-1-0
Bank 6 - 1-0-0
Bank 7 - 0-0-0