It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:01 pm 

kyuusaku wrote:
TmEE wrote:
The SRAM mapper is standard on all existing MD games...

Standard huh? That's why it's decoded to the cartridge space all different ways? :wink:

Games that use SRAM have it in $200000-$3FFFFF area, at least when you write 1 to $A13000-$A130FF area.

EEPROM games have things in a messy manner... my mapper only uses the $A13000-A130FF area for example...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:49 pm 

so if I get this game:

remove the original 2 chips, solder in some sockets, put in some flashed chips with the original european Mega Man Wily Wars ROM or Japanese Rockman Megaworld, it should work? Would the game still be region locked? If so, is there some way I could alter the ROM so it isn't region locked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:55 am 

I don't know that the game you selected does the SEEPROM the same way. But if it did, you remove the MaskROM chips (or chips if there are two 8bit chips) but you leave the SEEPROM in there. Then patch the region code in mega man wily wars from E to U and it will run on a US Genesis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:38 pm 

I think you'll need to program a 27C160, will confirm when I find my screwdriver.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:38 am 

Bump. So, yeah, it contains a single 1M x 16 ROM which appears to be 27C160 compatible. (BTW, the official Sega EEPROM circuit is composed of a 7432, 74125 and 7474.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:40 am 

What contains that? Greatest Heavyweights? Is it the same circuit that MM Wily Wars uses then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:06 pm 

Yeah Greatest Heavyweights/Mega Man and all the other Sega published SEEPROM games; at least I believe there is only one PCB--the 171-6584A.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:28 am 

Edit *sorry didn't even pay attention this wasn't in the reproduction section*

Figure it's best to bump this rather than start a new thread.

Just curious is it just me or does this game suffer slow down on a cart?

I tried the "E" rom and that doesn't work just black screen after produced by sega. So I then followed this tutorial "link below" for changing pal to ntsc and there must be something else that needs to be done as just changing the 45 to a 55 in the coding does not work either, even though it does change from "E" to "U" in the coding. This time it just gives a red screen after produced by sega.

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/archive/in ... -9893.html

So finally I got a copy of the version edited to NTSC and save ram and all that. Now it works fine but the 1st board I played on MM1 cutter soon as you get to the jumping bot right before cutter it has slow down and again gives major slowdown when you fight cutter.

I pulled out my nes Mega man 1 to make sure and there is no slowdown there. Is it a bad copy I have, is this just ported this way, or did I use a bad donor? I am not 100% sure which donor I used but the pcb is 171-6278A I think it was the Football 94 Joe Montana one.

I read this version has a teleport glitch where the game freezes.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php? ... AM-patched)

That's the version I used. I assumed he is the same person as Mottzilla? I do have the Mottzilla patch I just got it but it does appear to be the exact same rom I used. I could try using that file and see if it makes a difference.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:04 am 

The game is filled with slowdown.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:40 pm 

I forget which, but there are lots of sports games with the usual SRAM mapping scheme that you can find for a dollar easily. I have a few in my parts bin so if I find one I'll pull it out and check which game it is.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:52 am 

mikejmoffitt wrote:
I forget which, but there are lots of sports games with the usual SRAM mapping scheme that you can find for a dollar easily. I have a few in my parts bin so if I find one I'll pull it out and check which game it is.

The donor I used has sram. I actually have a game store near me that has tons of these and I grabbed a bunch for $1. The problem is the guy knows what I want them for now so he magically wants more for them. Kind of annoying. I did manage to grab a few hundred common snes from him for $1, not sure why he thinks the 1000 common genesis he has are worth more than the 300 common snes he had but whatever.

At any rate, from my research this game as mentioned above just has slowdown on it's own throughout the game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:07 am 

icemanxp300 wrote:
this game as mentioned above just has slowdown on it's own

So much for "Blast Processing" and "Genesis does what Nintendon't".

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:16 am 

icemanxp300 wrote:
mikejmoffitt wrote:
I actually have a game store near me that has tons of these and I grabbed a bunch for $1. The problem is the guy knows what I want them for now so he magically wants more for them. Kind of annoying. I did manage to grab a few hundred common snes from him for $1, not sure why he thinks the 1000 common genesis he has are worth more than the 300 common snes he had but whatever.

He probably figures that if you're profiting off other people's IP by bootlegging carts, he deserves a bit of profit too. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:38 pm 

(Move to Reproduction subforum, please. :) )