Need Help With Zelda Parallel Worlds Cartridge

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
SkinnyV

Post by SkinnyV » Wed May 02, 2012 2:25 pm

It would be nice to share it with everyone by posting it on this thread.

blurayno

Post by blurayno » Thu May 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Allright, I've been a little busy but here's the patch finally in .ips format.
(yes I know I really should have used the new .bps format...)

http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/84720508/file.html

I didn't want to include the whole LOZ:PW hack so all it does is adding a little subroutine for longer force blank when loading the intro screen tiles.
You can use it on any Legend of Zelda - Parallel Worlds rom as long as it doesn't have a copier header. The patch also has a checksum fix for the English v1.1 rom, just for the fun.

SkinnyV

Post by SkinnyV » Sat May 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Cool, thanks for sharing!

lordloss

Post by lordloss » Thu May 10, 2012 8:03 pm

For some reason I can't get this game to work with the new patch. In this order I:

put the parallel patch on the rom

removed the header

intro patch the new rom

expand to fit two 27c801's

break up into two files

When I put it on a copy of nba live 95, all I get is a black screen. Any ideas?

lordloss

Post by lordloss » Mon May 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Nvm, got it.

flagoss

Re: Need Help With Zelda Parallel Worlds Cartridge

Post by flagoss » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Hey did someone have done the same modification on the new version http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/956/
That new version is doing the same intro bug in BSNES as the last version did.

qwertymodo

Post by qwertymodo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:07 pm

I think the title screen fix causes glitches in the ending credits. I haven't heard of any newer version of the fix, so you're on your own there...

RedScorpion

Post by RedScorpion » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:31 pm

4 month ago i talked with puzzeldude, which has change the zelda pw to zelda PR, how he can fix the tilescreen and creditscreenbug.

The german guy ikari_01 fixed this problem in the german version of zelda PR.

He has all information about this bug and how he can change the issue.

regards

red

blurayno

Post by blurayno » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:13 pm

You can apply the same IPS patch to Parallel Remodel, it works like a charm and it shouldn't break anything at all.
And by saying that I have no reason to believe it's the intro fix that causes a bug in the ending credits. While I haven't seen the credits bug myself, I know that the new sub-routine (the intro fix) is inserted at previously unused ROM address and is never branched except during the intro.

tepples

Post by tepples » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Unless the credits are checksumming everything, including unused areas. I wouldn't put that beyond Nintendo given the copy protection in Earthbound.

qwertymodo

Post by qwertymodo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:15 pm

I just completed the game, and I can confirm that the intro patch does cause the ending credits glitches. What happens, if you haven't seen it for yourself, is that when the ending scenes are displayed (the hey look everybody's happy now scenes), when it fades to black between scenes, the screen is momentarily filled with garbage. Here is a savestate from Snes9x 1.53 right at the ending credits (use v1.1 of PW). Try loading it with an intro-patched ROM and you'll see the glitches. Try it without the intro patch and no glitches.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28075862/Zelda ... Worlds.000

Edit: For anyone that's curious but doesn't want to fire up the savestate for themselves, here's a frame-by-frame screen capture of the glitch (excluding duplicate frames). This occurs at the fade-out between each scene of the ending sequence. http://i48.tinypic.com/easaix.jpg

blurayno

Post by blurayno » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Here's the new fix by ikari_01
http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/97582183/file.html
It's an IPS patch for headerless ROM and should work with both Parallel Worlds and Parallel Remodel.

Presumably it was released in September, but it wasn't until recently when I came across the right thread in the right forum... at acmlm.kafuka.org :)

qwertymodo

Post by qwertymodo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:32 am

Did you just post this to byuu's board too, cus someone posted it to my thread there as well. In any case, THANK YOU. And to anybody who wants a proper patch, here are Parallel Worlds 1.0, 1.1, and Remodel 1.1 with ikari's fix and valid internal checksums all as a single patch, one per version, to be applied directly to the original, unheadered game. I have not played through the entire game to confirm that it doesn't cause issues of its own like the old one did, but I did check and there are no glitches in the title screen or the ending sequence, so this patch fixes both of those issues. Enjoy :)

blurayno

Post by blurayno » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:36 pm

All yours :) you guessed it right, it was me who posted it at there as well, just to spread the word. I just wish I hadn't registered myself with that particular alias at byuu's board, it's sort of a lame one :D oh well..

aupton

Post by aupton » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Hello, I know this is an old thread, but I too am attempting the same, I'm trying to build a Zelda Parallel Worlds cart using an NBA Live '95 cart and 2x27c801 eproms. I've done the following and have been unsuccessful. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. I am trying to do this to learn and for my own personal enjoyment.

Patched parallel*.smc and confirmed that it was working in snes9x.
Swapbin/split for 27c801 using snesROMUtil from Wasabi.
mirrored the 2nd rom file via copy /b 2.bin 2.bin 2-mirror.bin
Confirmed that both 1.bin and 2-mirror.bin are both 1MB.
Tried the swapped bin 1.bin in Snes9x, didn't work, is it supposed to ?
wrote both 1.bin and 2-mirror.bin to individual 27c801 chips and verified.
Removed existing chips from nba live 95, socketed in test sockets to make testing easier while soldering pin24 to pin31 and pin31 to pin24. on *BOTH* sockets.
Inserted both chips, using 1.bin on the bottom socket and 2-mirror.bin on the top socket.
Tested and sadly met with a black screen.
Confirmed all solder points were good, no bleeding connections...

Any thoughts or suggestions ?

Thank you.