It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:11 am 

??? What is your problem? lol

Implementing this Chinese mapper is your project right? What does that have to do with me? I've already stated 3+ times why I wouldn't implement that logic. Low English comprehension? Age deficient syndrome? Another sick technical troll? You know you can ask for help instead of trying to coerce it out of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:51 am 

kyuusaku wrote:
I could implement this in about 10 minutes on a CPLD board

Don't sanctions make it kind of hard for FARID to get CPLDs?

And what's "Age deficient syndrome"? Google doesn't appear to show anything relevant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:31 am 

kyuusaku wrote:
??? What is your problem? lol

Implementing this Chinese mapper is your project right? What does that have to do with me? I've already stated 3+ times why I wouldn't implement that logic. Low English comprehension? Age deficient syndrome? Another sick technical troll? You know you can ask for help instead of trying to coerce it out of people.
Sounds very racist.

Nothing to say
@
Change talk to personality

2 tepples don't think about sanctions, maybe he just loves DIP IC's :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:55 am 

kyuusaku wrote:
integrated UOROM for slowdown-free Rockman 1 and 2

I'm not sure if Rockman 2 could be hacked to UOROM or not. It normally uses MMC1. I think the only feature it could use that might be an issue is Name Table Mirroring Control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:16 am 

MottZilla wrote:
I think the only feature it could use that might be an issue is Name Table Mirroring Control.

That's actually pretty easy to add to the upper bits of UxROM by doing the same thing as holy diver to get swapable between H/V. I don't know what mirroring it uses but if it's NT0/NT1 then it's even easier you just use and upper bit of the latch to drive CIRAM A10 directly. (EDIT: although that wouldn't support MM1... and this would also require MM1 to be hacked to support the swapable mirroring that was installed. It shouldn't affect speed or anything though.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:27 pm 

tepples wrote:
Don't sanctions make it kind of hard for FARID to get CPLDs?
I don't have a clue.

Quote:
And what's "Age deficient syndrome"? Google doesn't appear to show anything relevant.
*Deficiency. Maybe it should be "adulthood deficit disorder". Being a teenager I guess.

80sFREAK wrote:
Sounds very racist.

Huh, really? Is it because I don't want to use the inefficient original mapper that happens to be Chinese, because I designated it by its country of origin, or because I brought up English comprehension thus making me "racist" towards you (despite not knowing anything about you)?

MottZilla wrote:
I'm not sure if Rockman 2 could be hacked to UOROM or not.

It can be very easily and the hack is already prevalent. The MMC3 provides the mirroring control..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 pm 

Hacking an UNROM game to MMC3 might cause problems because MMC3 bankswitch code is slower, but since the MMC1 has the slowest bankswitching method I'm aware of, a conversion from that to MMC3 shouldn't cause any problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:48 pm 

Farid doesn't care about sanction, if he need it he will probably be done building his own CPLD on breadboard by the end of the month lol

This thread is becoming extremely quotable I must say! Now go back to building art for fast food everyone! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:11 am 

SkinnyV wrote:
Farid doesn't care about sanction

What is "sanction"? It has a lot of meaning in my dictionary.

And here is a new menu with new logic for Rockman 6 in 1. I extracted this menu from 1997 SUPER HIK 8 IN 1 EW-800 :

Here is the IPS patch if you want to try it

If It works it can fit inside of a FC cartridge but it will be ugly! So I have to test it only on breadboard!

Oh and by the way :
jayminer on nesdev IRC channel helped me to fix the palette and background color of the menu, He is a GOD for sure! Thank you jayminer :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:56 am 

A sanction is basically a law that prevents goods from being sold to a specific country. No offense to you Farid, but the U.S. government doesn't exactly agree with the Iranian government. So in order to 'punish' your country/government our government forbids any of our goods to be sold to anyone in your country.

Basically it's illegal to sell American produced goods/semiconductors to Iran, which may prevent you from buying certain things like CPLDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:45 am 

Quote:
Basically it's illegal to sell American produced goods/semiconductors to Iran, which may prevent you from buying certain things like CPLDs.
You made my day :lol: I don't remember anything american made, except seeds in the home center and junk arcade boards from scrapyard, which i took only for Motorola MC68000 CPU's. These days 99% electronics MADE IN CHINA :lol: Do you think they care about sanctions? :lol:

2 FARID Please check PM inbox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:58 am 

I'm glad my explanation of the word sanction could bring you such great enjoyment.

All I can say is you're really good at making Mark Twain's advice on arguing difficult to follow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:25 am 

What do you think about this one :

Can I simply share Data lines between PRG1 and PRG2? What about CHR and SRAM Data lines? I want to disable one of them by using /OE. Which one is better to use for disabling the chip : /OE or /CE or even both of them at the same time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:43 am 

FARID wrote:
Can I simply share Data lines between PRG1 and PRG2?

As long as both aren't selected at the same time, two PRG ROMs can share all CPU address and data lines. This is how the three PRG ROMs in Action 52 are wired up.

Quote:
What about CHR and SRAM Data lines?

As long as both aren't selected at the same time, a CHR ROM and CHR RAM can share all PPU address and data lines. This is how TQROM games (Pinbot and High Speed) are wired up.

Quote:
I want to disable one of them by using /OE. Which one is better to use for disabling the chip : /OE or /CE or even both of them at the same time?

A chip disabled with /CE high runs in a low-power mode; it takes a while after /CE is pulled low before the chip starts producing data. A chip enabled with /CE low but disabled with /OE high draws nearly full power but can deliver data as soon as /OE goes low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:31 pm 

FARID wrote:
What do you think about this one :

Can I simply share Data lines between PRG1 and PRG2? What about CHR and SRAM Data lines? I want to disable one of them by using /OE. Which one is better to use for disabling the chip : /OE or /CE or even both of them at the same time?
couple notes
1) wasting lots of space in ROMs
2) no need two data lines for CHR RAM/CE CHR ROM /CE(use Q and /Q of '175 - once at the time you using CHR RAM or CHR ROM)
3) no need two data lines for PRG1 /CE PRG2 /CE(same as above, only about PRG1 and PRG2)
4) '174('175 as well) latching data on rising edge

That's what i can see from pic above

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next