It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum rules

1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:13 pm 

FARID wrote:
Quote:
'175 have Q and /Q, so you need just one bit to control CHR ROM/RAM without extra invertors.

No, it seems CHR side is different than PRG side. Originally /OE and /CE of CHR-ROM and CHR-RAM have their own lines :
/OE --> CON17 --> CHR /RD
/CE --> CON56 --> CHR /A13

I don't think it is possible to hijack those lines and control them. Anyway I used 157 to solve this issue.
Nope, principe is the same. 8)

FARID wrote:
Quote:
Just design it from the ground up properly.

Yes, I am trying to design it with new simple logic, but it seems my design will end up using a lot of TTLs! :( Now this time I am worried about start up :

'157 is one of the ways to solve it, but not the smallest one.

I wish '157 have no /STB, but consist of two halfs :?

2 infiniteneslives it is. The keyword is "more than enough", so it's confusing. Hopefully i will have time on this Tuesday to finish my prototype and post some photos 8)

2 l_oliveira so... existence controlling your mind :? Nothing wrong with it, when it's hobby and sometimes it can become a true hack.

2 tepples and it will. Ask yourself, which data floating one way? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:46 pm 

Quote:
I wish '157 have no /STB, but consist of two halfs

At the moment I am looking for such a TTL too.

Return to 174. Add another 157 for PRG-Switch but half of it is unused :( :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:48 pm 

Getting tired of this so here:

^typo in out of sync comment: C1- 0=CHR RAM. 1=CHR ROM

Alternatively you can use the free NOR gates to decode CHR ROM and RAM (using the 6264's CE2) and use the other decoder for something better such as using all 4M ROMs, but the initial state will have Rockman 3's CHR ROM instead of CHR RAM. If you use a '175 instead of the mode '161 and the free NOR gates for decoding you can get rid of the '139 by using C2 for PRG selection and MMC3's PRG /CE for /OE control, but you'll waste power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:04 am 

EPIC :lol: try harder :lol: Picture, you posted above for FARID, is for you now :lol: One more try and i will tell you, how chinese mapper working.

2 FARID, no you don't need '157 for that. Q and /Q of '175 and OR with /(PRG CE), otherwise you will ended with 10+ IC's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:32 am 

Quote:
no you don't need '157 for that. Q and /Q of '175 and OR with /(PRG CE), otherwise you will ended with 10+ IC's

Yes, sorry, my brain told me a lie and I believed it!

Quote:
One more try and i will tell you, how chinese mapper working

Just give me some more time to finish and test my own logic which I believe is more simple than Chinese logic (maybe another lie!), then I will try to find out about Chinese mapper too. I love to play with these TTLs!

@ kyuusaku
I am sure your design runs more accurate than Chinese mapper, but I prefer to design a logic which is more simple and easy to rebuild even at home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:34 am 

FARID wrote:
but I prefer to design a logic which is more simple and easy to rebuild even at home.

The priority should be something that *works*.

If building the UOROM logic is too complicated then only use the '161 and '139, you can't get simpler than 2 chips! >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:38 pm 

I'm getting a bit confused, wasn't that jpx72's project in the beginning? And also, why are we doing this? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:39 pm 

SkinnyV wrote:
I'm getting a bit confused, wasn't that jpx72's project in the beginning? And also, why are we doing this? :lol:

For fun, for learning, for having something to talk about ... Pick a reason ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:41 pm 

SkinnyV wrote:
Yes, it was. And we(or maybe only me :?) having fun here :lol:

Quote:
The priority should be something that *works*.
No matter how, just works :lol:

FARID wrote:
Just give me some more time to finish and test my own logic which I believe is more simple than Chinese logic (maybe another lie!), then I will try to find out about Chinese mapper too. I love to play with these TTLs!
You can not go more simple without patching menu. Look, MotZilla described mapper as 5010h, 5011h and 5012h - already 3(THREE) latches, also you need decoder to control'em. Also you need... you need... you are very close, c'mon! Just look at PRG dump...

P.S. My guess - mapper is more universal, but can not proove it without decaping(which is not worth)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:00 pm 

l_oliveira wrote:
SkinnyV wrote:

For fun, for learning, for having something to talk about ... Pick a reason ..

Well, I can definitely agree that there is some fun happening in this thread :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:39 pm 

80sFREAK wrote:
EPIC :lol: try harder :lol: Picture, you posted above for FARID, is for you now :lol: One more try and i will tell you, how chinese mapper working.

:lol: Oh, please Mr. De Morgan, bestow your wisdom upon this thread :lol: I eagerly await your masterful unrelated design :lol: :lol: I'm preparing to marvel at your progress since this thread only 7 months ago :lol:

80sFREAK wrote:
No matter how, just works :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Guilty! What a huge cost for UOROM mode, I know you can do it more efficiently ;) :lol: Since you've been holding back your implementation of the Chinese mapper so long it must be really brilliant, stop teasing already! :lol: What was I thinking using 2 full chips for a MMC3-only design?!?

PS: Man, I really wasted my time in this thread since many of my suggestions went on to receive concurrence from you days or months later :lol: Next time you should just post ahead of me so people get it right from the source :lol: I can't even articulate the service you're doing this thread, it's people like you make the internet great! I had to add this since sometimes praises from your parents just aren't enough :D

Last edited by kyuusaku on Mon May 14, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:13 pm 

Quote:
You can not go more simple without patching menu. Look, MotZilla described mapper as 5010h, 5011h and 5012h - already 3(THREE) latches, also you need decoder to control'em. Also you need... you need... you are very close, c'mon! Just look at PRG dump...

I don't want to waste your time so I quit my own logic and start working directly on this Chinese mapper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:56 pm 

SkinnyV wrote:
I'm getting a bit confused, wasn't that jpx72's project in the beginning?

Ehm ... It still is, but you guys are far ahead of my knowledge, so I'm silently waiting for a finished schematics and hope you won't kill each other in the process :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 pm 

I'm not sure what's more likely, The circuit working or someone taking out someone else... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 pm 

Quote:
Ehm ... It still is, but you guys are far ahead of my knowledge, so I'm silently waiting for a finished schematics and hope you won't kill each other in the process :wink:

oh my god! lollllllll :P you made my day man!
I promise, we will finish this for sure, don't worry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next