Mario Adventure ( SMB3 Hack ) on real Hardware !!

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
flagoss

Mario Adventure ( SMB3 Hack ) on real Hardware !!

Post by flagoss »

Hi ! I just try to do a real hardware version of the Mario Adventure SMB3 Hack and it's not Working. SMB3 is working on the cart but Mario Adventure is starting but I only get a black screen with the music ! I heard that the hack is not 100% compatible with the MMC3 but some site are selling a reproduction of this hack on MMC3 cart ! Someone as find the way of getting it to work !?
Computolio

Post by Computolio »

I can't get it to work either. Word on the street is that it just doesn't work on real hardware.
flagoss

Post by flagoss »

But the guy at nesreproductions.com is able to get this mod to work. I think he got a modified version of the hack.
shadowkn55

Post by shadowkn55 »

I've got it to work on an mmc3 board in the past without any further modifications to the game. The only problems that I saw were the different palettes and the status bar jumping up and down when picking up ice blocks. Other than that, it works fine. Your wiring is probably incorrect somewhere.
flagoss

Post by flagoss »

My wiring is 100% correct. I have sockets and Normal Super Mario 3 is Working. I think my problem is the CHR ROM. Mine is 160k non standard and I don't know the correct way of expending it to 256k...
Tormenter

Post by Tormenter »

Does anyone have the MMC3 hacked version?
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Ever consider emailing the repro guy?
flagoss

Post by flagoss »

He won't send you his Hack ... I emailed him and it's his personnal work and want to make money with it !! Maybe 2 or 3 of us could get the 25us $, buy his mod and than dump the rom.
tepples

Post by tepples »

flagoss wrote:I emailed him and it's his personnal work and want to make money with it !! Maybe 2 or 3 of us could get the 25us $, buy his mod and than dump the rom.
And then if you're feeling really evil, donate the cart to Nintendo, saying you discovered a pirate hack while working undercover.
Wasgo

Post by Wasgo »

flagoss wrote:He won't send you his Hack ... I emailed him and it's his personnal work and want to make money with it !! Maybe 2 or 3 of us could get the 25us $, buy his mod and than dump the rom.
I'll chip in for that. I'm not too impressed with trying to earn money off of someone else's work. I appreciate the reproduction service, but claiming ownership is something else entirely.
Super-Hampster

Post by Super-Hampster »

I wouldn't mind a copy of that myself. I'd buy it, only it's not just $25, it's $25 plus YOU supply the donor cart.

I agree, I was wondering how the author of Super Mario Adventure thought of someone hacking it to run on real hardware and then selling it without giving him a cut. Also, doesn't that borderline on piracy since it's based on SMB3?
peppers

Post by peppers »

I can't spend money right now but I would be willing to dump it.
Wasgo

Post by Wasgo »

Super-Hampster wrote:I wouldn't mind a copy of that myself. I'd buy it, only it's not just $25, it's $25 plus YOU supply the donor cart.

I agree, I was wondering how the author of Super Mario Adventure thought of someone hacking it to run on real hardware and then selling it without giving him a cut. Also, doesn't that borderline on piracy since it's based on SMB3?
Well, technically all NES reproductions are intellectual property theft unless the game is fully homebrew. Bomb Sweeper is the closest to a legitimate game on that site, but even that is a close of a Game & Watch game.

I'd be willing to supply a donor cart if necessary to get it dumped. I'd prefer to chip in cash though, as I'd be shipping from Canada, so it would take longer.
peppers

Post by peppers »

tThis site a full of the best nNES developers that curentley exsist. Perhaps you could get one of them to help hack it, in place of a dump of the title.
flagoss

Post by flagoss »

So everybody that would like to participate in the buying of the repro just pm me. Also if someone have a compatible donnor cart.. it would be cool to have you in ! Also if someone have the hability to dump the cart or remove the eprom and read them with a programmer pm me !

Compatible Donor Cart:
---------------------------
Bill Elliot Nascar
Bo Jackson Baseball
Bugs bunny birthday blowout
Dracula (imagesoft)
felix the cat
gauntlet 2
home alone
image fight
jurassic park
kid klown