Gimmick! famicom reproduction cart with 5b audio

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
mikejmoffitt

Re: Gimmick! famicom reproduction cart with 5b audio

Post by mikejmoffitt »

lidnariq wrote:Out of curiosity, why are you using strands of stranded ribbon cable (HDD?) rather than solid 30ga kynar or magnet wire or similar?
It's nice to be able to just pull it off the ribbon, sometimes in groups of 2 or more when needed. Especially with the nice thin 80-pin IDE cable it can be handy.
80sFREAK

Post by 80sFREAK »

blargg wrote:Your stress-relieving glue sure is causing lots of stress in this forum! :)
You are deeply wrong, man :roll: AFAIK 2 or more other forums are under the stress :lol:
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

80sFREAK wrote:
blargg wrote:Your stress-relieving glue sure is causing lots of stress in this forum! :)
You are deeply wrong, man :roll: AFAIK 2 or more other forums are under the stress :lol:
Yes that's right your trolling is so bad it follows me around multiple forums. You really have nothing better to do.
Last edited by Drakon on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Doesn't everyone just love when drama from other crappy forums comes over to NESDEV?
tepples

Post by tepples »

Tell me about it. This was my sig on a rhythm game forum several years ago:

(excuse the edge artifacts; it was made for that board's theme)
3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames »

tokumaru wrote:Doesn't everyone just love when drama from other crappy forums comes over to NESDEV?
No. But I hate when people bring their terrible techniques and won't change. Especially when he'll more than likely be doing this as part of his "professional" modification package he does with RGB, SVideo, stereo on the NES, whatever else he pulled off other people's docs.
mikejmoffitt

Post by mikejmoffitt »

GUYS THIS IS ABOUT NES DEVELOPMENT AND RESEARCH NOT FIGHTING LETS TALK ABOUT WHY GIMMICK IS AWESOME INSTEAD I LIKE GIMMICK IT IS A GOOD GAME IT HAS NICE PLATFORMING ACTION AND IS CHALLENGING THEY ALSO PUT A LOT OF EFFORT INTO THE ART DIRECTION OF THE GAME IT HAS A CONSISTENT AND NEAT ART STYLE THAT COMPLEMENTS THE EXTREMELY DEDICATED PROGRAMMING THAT ALLOW THE GAME TO RUN SMOOTHLY WITH SUCH GREAT VISUALS AND LETS NOT FORGET THE MUSIC WHICH IS NOT ONLY WELL COMPOSED BUT MADE MORE RICH BY THE SUNSOFT-5B MAPPER THAT CONTAINS EXTRA AUDIO CHANNELS A FAMICOM EXCLUSIVE FEATURE ALTHOUGH WITH MODIFICATIONS TO THE AMERICAN OR EUROPEAN NES SYSTEM SUCH EXPANSION AUDIO CAN BE ENJOYED AS WELL GIMMICK IS EASILY MY FAVORITE GAME AND IT IS HARD BUT I CAN BEAT IT IN ONE SITTING PLAYING ON MY FAMICOM TWIN HERE IS A PICTURE SINCE I LIKE GIMMICK SO MUCH I HAVE A BUNCH OF COPIES HERE THEY ARE
Bananmos

Post by Bananmos »

I second that - Make repros, not war!
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

mikejmoffitt wrote:[a bunch of text in all caps and a picture of three gimmick cartridges lined up like ducks at a shooting gallery]
<bursts out laughing>
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

lidnariq wrote:
mikejmoffitt wrote:[a bunch of text in all caps and a picture of three gimmick cartridges lined up like ducks at a shooting gallery]
<bursts out laughing>
That's also how tepples types when he's completely drunk. ;)
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

3gengames wrote:
tokumaru wrote:Doesn't everyone just love when drama from other crappy forums comes over to NESDEV?
No. But I hate when people bring their terrible techniques and won't change. Especially when he'll more than likely be doing this as part of his "professional" modification package he does with RGB, SVideo, stereo on the NES, whatever else he pulled off other people's docs.
Well if you don't like it, go post someplace else. And why would I be doing this as a package is there some supply of 5b chips I didn't know about? I did this for fun, does it bother you that people hunt me down to pay me money and enjoy my services? You can go ahead and offer the same services on the internet and advertise "my work looks much nicer inside the case than Drakon's", I really don't mind.
Last edited by Drakon on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
tepples

Post by tepples »

koitsu: When do I get drunk?

Again, my offer stands: If there's anything in my posts that you fail to understand, I'm willing to clarify. Start by pressing the PM button below.
mikejmoffitt

Post by mikejmoffitt »

koitsu wrote:
lidnariq wrote:
<bursts out laughing>
That's also how tepples types when he's completely drunk. ;)
I'm as sober as it gets ._.
80sFREAK

Post by 80sFREAK »

Drakon wrote:
80sFREAK wrote:
Yes that's right your trolling is so bad it follows me around multiple forums. You really have nothing better to do.
Trolling? :lol: Noone need following you on different forums - you coming by yourself, bringing hot glue sculptures.
yxkalle

Post by yxkalle »

I'd sure love a copy of Gimmick! (FC) myself. But they're rare... :P