NESICIDE wish list?

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

slembcke

Re: NESICIDE wish list?

Post by slembcke »

I've had a bit of trouble getting it to build on OS X too, though I should have written down what the problem was. I did get it to build on Linux just fine, though I did it in /tmp on my really slow netbook. Let the battery run dead on it (derp) before I actually got a chance to try it and haven't taken the time to rebuild it again. -_-

The OS X .dmgs seem mostly good though. Was able to poke around in Famitracker a bit. Ran into problems compiling a default project though.
ld65: Error: Missing memory area assignment for segment `ONCE'
There wasn't a readme on the dmg, and I didn't dig around too much to find out if I was supposed to have a particular version of cc65 installed. It worked once I fixed the .ini file though. The debugger seems pretty sweet! I've just been flying blind using Nestopia and a half finished 6502 emulator of my own.

edit: Was playing around with Famitracker a bit more this morning and noticed that it idles at 100% CPU usage. Need to add a sleep to an event loop somewhere or something.
FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Post by FrankenGraphics »

Awesome, thanks! This should work well for nametables, palettes, & various tables then. :)
cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow »

slembcke wrote:edit: Was playing around with Famitracker a bit more this morning and noticed that it idles at 100% CPU usage. Need to add a sleep to an event loop somewhere or something.
Yeah I think a merge got messed up somewhere. Someone at some point in time fixed that.