It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:16 pm 

Sorry to have to plug this here but it also serves a purpose for NESemdev. I have a new web site http://www.jamesturner.de/ which will eventually host WedNESday some time next year alongside other programs that I have written. At the moment there is only 1 program available for download.

This programs deletes bad dumps of ROMs leaving only the good ones behind. I wrote this for myself but also thought that others would find it useful. The readme.txt describes how to use the program. This is the first thing that I have ever written and published so fingers crossed! You can find it under the Software section of the site but do check out other pages as well.

If you do download it please report any bugs and let me know what you think by posting below. Please read the disclaimer before using!

Thanks!

James

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:30 pm 

Executive summary of readme.txt if you happen to be on a platform other than Windows:

It acts on a folder that has been processed by GoodTools, removing files whose names match *[b*]*, *[f*]*, *[h*]*, *[o*]*, *[p*]*, *[t*]*, *[BF]*, or *(? Hack)*, with an option to keep or delete *[T*]*. It also moves files marked as homebrew, SGB, PC10, or Vs. System into separate folders, with an option to sort NES ROMs by the mapper that appears in the iNES header.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:50 pm 

tepples wrote:
Executive summary of readme.txt if you happen to be on a platform other than Windows:

It acts on a folder that has been processed by GoodTools, removing files whose names match *[b*]*, *[f*]*, *[h*]*, *[o*]*, *[p*]*, *[t*]*, *[BF]*, or *(? Hack)*, with an option to keep or delete *[T*]*. It also moves files marked as homebrew, SGB, PC10, or Vs. System into separate folders, with an option to sort NES ROMs by the mapper that appears in the iNES header.

Sorry, forgot to mention that only iNES 1.0 is supported.

Did it work ok on your computer tepples?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:55 pm 

I run Linux. I would have tested it in Wine, but I don't keep a GoodNES set around. Sorry...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:24 pm 

So you are British, but you have a site in .de ? Oh I bet it's just because it's less expensive or something.

Anyway congratulations, there is not much on it right now but I know it's a though decision to have a website and maintain it. I know because I decided to take mine off since I wasn't uploading it for years anyway, but right now I am thinking about making it up again, but just thinking about the collosal work that makes (even for a tiny website) makes me delays this task forever, as it's pretty low in my "todo" list.

Also there's the dilema of using my real-name vs. just using Bregalad. Both have their advantages and drawbacks. I'd still opt for my real name, but then the link between the two becomes obvious and while for most of the time I would not care, in some cases it could play very nasty tricks against me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:31 pm 

Bregalad wrote:
So you are British, but you have a site in .de ? Oh I bet it's just because it's less expensive or something.

Anyway congratulations, there is not much on it right now but I know it's a though decision to have a website and maintain it. I know because I decided to take mine off since I wasn't uploading it for years anyway, but right now I am thinking about making it up again, but just thinking about the collosal work that makes (even for a tiny website) makes me delays this task forever, as it's pretty low in my "todo" list.

Also there's the dilema of using my real-name vs. just using Bregalad. Both have their advantages and drawbacks. I'd still opt for my real name, but then the link between the two becomes obvious and while for most of the time I would not care, in some cases it could play very nasty tricks against me.

I didn't want the - between my first and last name or an ...online.com suffix. And since I've been living on and off in Germany it was a natural choice.

I'm just going for a very basic web site at the moment until I can get more software up. I'll start posting screenshots of WedNESday hopefully within a week.

Btw, did you download and use the program? If so, did it run ok etc.? I'd like to know if it actually has helped anyone. Personally, after I wrote it I couldn't live without it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:14 pm 

Bregalad wrote:
but right now I am thinking about making it up again, but just thinking about the collosal work that makes (even for a tiny website) makes me delays this task forever, as it's pretty low in my "todo" list.

If you need a CMS, I would recommend WordPress.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:33 am 

For ROM Utility v1, I find a problem.

It can run on Windows 7(32-bit) English Language Environment.
But it can't run on Windows 7(64-bit) Chinese Language Environment
(Popup a Message Box : The Application could not be launched(0xc000007b). Click "OK" to
terminate it please.).

Attachments:
Utility.png
Utility.png [ 26.84 KiB | Viewed 1461 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:17 am 

Sorry Boolean, but I just can't seem to find a fix to the problem.

I have released an updated version (v3). This adds support for the Master System and its variations.