It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:30 pm 

can you list the 2 changes zxbdragon? Im still trying to figure out your implementation code for mickeys. What did you do for ninja gaiden?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:49 pm 

Interesting how many issues have been discussed in this thread.

I'm understanding the Ninja Gaiden issue quite a bit better now.

perilsensitive, awesome work. I'm trying to digest all of the stuff you've posted still.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:50 pm 

*Spitfire_NES* wrote:
can you list the 2 changes zxbdragon? Im still trying to figure out your implementation code for mickeys. What did you do for ninja gaiden?

perilsensitive ,Delete code

cpu.StealCycles( cpu.GetClock(1) );

if ((readAddress & 0xF000) != 0x4000)
cpu.Peek( readAddress );

cpu.Peek( readAddress );

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:57 pm 

zxbdragon wrote:
*Spitfire_NES* wrote:

perilsensitive ,Delete code

if ((readAddress & 0xF000) != 0x4000)
cpu.Peek( readAddress );

cpu.Peek( readAddress );

Thank you zxbdragon, is this in Apu.cpp and does deleting this break anything or other games? Please post your mickeys fix integrated code diff when you get a chance. Im currently trying to integrate the burai and mickeys fix for the time being.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:45 am 

This is all you really need to eliminate the Ninja Gaiden (U) moon problem:
Code:
            //if ((readAddress & 0xF000) != 0x4000)
            //   cpu.Peek( readAddress );

I suppose this still qualifies as a hack. At least this way it still passes dma_4016_read.nes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:12 am 

tehcloud wrote:
This is all you really need to eliminate the Ninja Gaiden (U) moon problem:
Code:
            //if ((readAddress & 0xF000) != 0x4000)
            //   cpu.Peek( readAddress );

I suppose this still qualifies as a hack. At least this way it still passes dma_4016_read.nes.

Good point. I didn't think to try that. :-)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:33 am 

Still has this problem though. Sorry about the white line on the left, that's part of the window border.

Attachments:
ng1.jpg
ng1.jpg [ 13.68 KiB | Viewed 1945 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:56 am 

tehcloud wrote:
Still has this problem though. Sorry about the white line on the left, that's part of the window border.

The top part of the ninja's face is visibile and shouldn't be. It's made of sprites that are normally hidden due to the 8-sprite limit, and they should only appear if you disable the limit. If this is just in the unix port, it looks like the logic for setting unlimited sprites has been swapped:

Code:
diff --git a/source/unix/video.cpp b/source/unix/video.cpp
index 2b06b36..910cba0 100644
--- a/source/unix/video.cpp
+++ b/source/unix/video.cpp
@@ -374,8 +374,8 @@ void video_set_filter() {
                break;
        }

-       // Set the sprite limit:  true = enable sprite limit, false = disable sprite limit
-       video.EnableUnlimSprites(conf.video_unlimited_sprites ? false : true);
+       // Set the sprite limit:  false = enable sprite limit, true = disable sprite limit
+       video.EnableUnlimSprites(conf.video_unlimited_sprites ? true : false);

// Set Palette options
        switch (conf.video_palette_mode) {

EDIT: Clarified my explaination. The black square in the corner isn't the problem; it's the fact that the sprites that make up the top row of the ninja's face shouldn't be visible at all due to the 8-sprite limit.

Last edited by perilsensitive on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:19 am 

Thanks for pointing that out. Durrr.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:28 pm 
Formerly Fx3

Found the problem with Burai Fighter. Of course, this is a first look.

At $2007 read/write, if rendering is enabled, the PPU updates X and Y scroll bits at same time.
If rendering is disabled, the things are "normal": the PPU address (loopy_v) is incremented by 1 or 32.

The scorebar is fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:10 am 

glad you got it sorted zepper!

I had a question for peril sensitive. After merging in your fix for first pass at Mc-Acc support i get some errors with the mmc3 hpp file.

NstBoardMmc3.hpp(124): error C2248: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12<void,0,0>::Filter' : cannot access inaccessible class declared in class 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12<void,0,0>'

NstBoardMmc3.hpp(124): error C2512: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12<Unit,Hold,Delay>' : no appropriate default constructor available
with
[
Unit=Nes::Core::Boards::Mmc3::BaseIrq,
Hold=39,
Delay=0
]
NstBoardMmc3.hpp(124): error C2614: 'Nes::Core::Boards::Mmc3::Irq<Delay,Filter>' : illegal member initialization: 'A12' is not a base or member
with
[
Delay=0,
Filter=39
]

NstBoardMmc3.hpp(124): error C2955: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12' : use of class template requires template argument list
src\Nestopia\source\core\vssystem\../NstTimer.hpp(259) : see declaration of 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12'

NstBoardMmc3.hpp(124): error C2975: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12' : invalid template argument for 'Hold', compile-time evaluatable constant expression expected
src\Nestopia\source\core\vssystem\../NstTimer.hpp(259) : see declaration of 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12'

NestopiaX error C2248: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12<void,0,0>::Filter' : cannot access inaccessible class declared in class 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12<void,0,0>'

NestopiaX error C2248: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12<void,0,0>::Filter' : cannot access inaccessible class declared in class 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12<void,0,0>'

NestopiaX error C2512: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12<Unit,Hold,Delay>' : no appropriate default constructor available
with
[
Hold=16,
Delay=0
]
NestopiaX error C2512: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12<Unit,Hold,Delay>' : no appropriate default constructor available
with
[
Hold=16,
Delay=0
]
with
[
Hold=16,
Delay=0
]
with
[
Hold=16,
Delay=0
]
with
[
Hold=16,
Delay=2
]
NestopiaX error C2614: 'Nes::Core::Boards::Mmc3::Irq<>' : illegal member initialization: 'A12' is not a base or member
NestopiaX error C2614: 'Nes::Core::Boards::Mmc3::Irq<>' : illegal member initialization: 'A12' is not a base or member
NestopiaX error C2614: 'Nes::Core::Boards::Mmc3::Irq<Delay>' : illegal member initialization: 'A12' is not a base or member
with
[
Delay=2
]
NestopiaX error C2955: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12' : use of class template requires template argument list

ore\board\

../NstTimer.hpp(259) : see declaration of 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12'

NestopiaX error C2955: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12' : use of class template requires template argument list

/NstTimer.hpp(259) : see declaration of 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12'

NestopiaX error C2975: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12' : invalid template argument for 'Hold', compile-time evaluatable constant expression expected

NestopiaX error C2975: 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12' : invalid template argument for 'Hold', compile-time evaluatable constant expression expected

NstTimer.hpp(259) : see declaration of 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12'

NstTimer.hpp(259) : see declaration of 'Nes::Core::Timer::A12'

i dont know how to use code tags on here, so sorry for the long mess.

i wish there was a way to bring back james updatescrolladdressline code that fixed mickeys rather easily, or an easier way to integrate these 2.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:18 am 

???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:31 am 

zxbdragon wrote:
???

orginally, james had a fix he sent me to fix burai fighter, it ended up however, fixing mickeys instead. Perilsensitive went on to make a fix for burai fighter, but it ended up overwriting the place where i had james code fix posted.

perilsensitive added a first pass for mcacc support on his github, but it makes my compiler freak out with the errors listed above, all im simply saying is i wonder if theres a way to integrate the 2 using nstppu.cpp for the moment. I cannot get the first pass to compile he has listed up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:59 am 

*Spitfire_NES* wrote:
zxbdragon wrote:
???

orginally, james had a fix he sent me to fix burai fighter, it ended up however, fixing mickeys instead. Perilsensitive went on to make a fix for burai fighter, but it ended up overwriting the place where i had james code fix posted.

perilsensitive added a first pass for mcacc support on his github, but it makes my compiler freak out with the errors listed above, all im simply saying is i wonder if theres a way to integrate the 2 using nstppu.cpp for the moment. I cannot get the first pass to compile he has listed up.

todo test https://github.com/dragon2snow/Nestopia ... 2667f18eac

I am GPL violator, try to merge, there might be a problem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:03 am 

zxbdragon wrote:
*Spitfire_NES* wrote:
zxbdragon wrote:
???

todo test https://github.com/dragon2snow/Nestopia ... 2667f18eac

I am GPL violator, try to merge, there might be a problem

thank you zxbdragon. Is this your github? I will test this out and see what happens, what problems do you think there will be?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next