FCEUX feature request

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

hackfresh

FCEUX feature request

Post by hackfresh »

Is it possible to add a a attribute table grid overlay option to the nametable viewer. That would make it easier/faster to see which tiles are part of which attribute table entry.

Or maybe add the attribute table address of the current part of the screen you are hovering over.
koitsu

Re: FCEUX feature request

Post by koitsu »

This forum isn't for FCEUX feature requests. The method for submitting feature requests in FCEUX is clearly stated.

That said, I too would find this useful. I recommend checking out how this was done in Mesen (I requested said feature there, see attached pictures); I think the methodology used was spot on.
Attachments
mesen1.png
mesen2.png
mesen3.png
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

That's a pretty cool feature!
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

Not a grid overlay, but the current interim build already has a "show attributes" toggle on the nametable viewer that I added to visualize attribute data. It also does now show attribute data and address for the mouse position in a "properties" display in the bottom right. There's also an "ignore palettes" feature that you can use to see the screen data even while the palette is black.

http://www.emucr.com/2017/01/fceux-svn-r3330.html

If you still want the grid, though, file a request on the sourceforge tracker. Maybe somebody will decide to do it. (Asking on this forum isn't the best way, though some FCEUX contributors do read it.)
hackfresh

Post by hackfresh »

Good point koitsu. And thanks for pointing out the feature in Mesen. I had forgotten to check mesen.

Rainwarrior that build of fceux should be good enough for me. Thanks