Mapper 70 bus conflicts: Yes?

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

zxbdragon

Mapper 70 bus conflicts: Yes?

Post by zxbdragon »

http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/INES_Mapper_070

Subject to bus conflicts: Yes

fceux not bus conflicts?
lidnariq

Re: Mapper 70 bus conflicts: Yes?

Post by lidnariq »

FCEUX datalatch.cpp wrote: static void Latch_Init(CartInfo *info, void (*proc)(void), uint8 init, uint16 adr0, uint16 adr1, uint8 wram, uint8 busc) {
[...]
void Mapper70_Init(CartInfo *info) {
Latch_Init(info, M70Sync, 0, 0x8000, 0xFFFF, 0, 0);
}
FCEUX does not emulate the bus conflicts.

There is nothing on the board that should help prevent them from happening, however, so unless you have evidence that something goes wrong if they are emulated I'd assume FCEUX is being too permissive here.
zxbdragon

Post by zxbdragon »

lidnariq wrote:
FCEUX datalatch.cpp wrote: static void Latch_Init(CartInfo *info, void (*proc)(void), uint8 init, uint16 adr0, uint16 adr1, uint8 wram, uint8 busc) {
[...]
void Mapper70_Init(CartInfo *info) {
Latch_Init(info, M70Sync, 0, 0x8000, 0xFFFF, 0, 0);
}
FCEUX does not emulate the bus conflicts.

There is nothing on the board that should help prevent them from happening, however, so unless you have evidence that something goes wrong if they are emulated I'd assume FCEUX is being too permissive here.
I dump newstar pirate version Operation Wolf (U) mapper 70,this bus conflicts no,this rom not working official mapper70 pcb.
working FCEUX emulator,not working Nestopia.

I'm a little confused.....

recommend:
mapper 70.0 bus confilcts yes?
mapper 70.1 bus confilcts no ?
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

... But the original Operation Wolf was TC0190 ... ? I guess Taito had already ported it to the MMC1, and the pirates probably didn't have too hard of a time to port that to something like mapper 70...

Does the pirate's hardware have any hardware to explicitly prevent bus conflicts?

I tentatively think it would be correct to add mapper 2/3/7 submappers for other discrete logic mappers ... at least, as we find instances requiring them.
zxbdragon

Post by zxbdragon »

lidnariq wrote:... But the original Operation Wolf was TC0190 ... ? I guess Taito had already ported it to the MMC1, and the pirates probably didn't have too hard of a time to port that to something like mapper 70...

Does the pirate's hardware have any hardware to explicitly prevent bus conflicts?

I tentatively think it would be correct to add mapper 2/3/7 submappers for other discrete logic mappers ... at least, as we find instances requiring them.
I dumped Operation Wolf (U) not working mmc1a. I 'm sure this priate mapper 70.
cart is Operation Wolf (U) and Space Shadow (J) 2 in 1,txc logo,but is newstar pirate.