Who has cross-compiled FCEUX for Windows on GNU/Linux?

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

tepples

Who has cross-compiled FCEUX for Windows on GNU/Linux?

Post by tepples »

I know how to build FCEUX (SDL) on Ubuntu:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install build-essential git-svn scons libsdl-image1.2-dev
sudo apt install libgtk2.0-dev libgd-dev liblua5.1-0-dev
cd ~/develop
git svn clone svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/fceultra/code/fceu/trunk fceux
cd fceux
nice scons -j2
scons --prefix=$HOME/.local install
I update it after I receive word that a bug was fixed, such as mistaken register write order dependency in the Action 53 mapper.

Code: Select all

cd ~/develop/fceux
git svn rebase
nice scons -j2
scons --prefix=$HOME/.local install
But I imagine most people trying our work run Windows, not GNU/Linux. And even among GNU/Linux users, because Windows builds tend to have better debugging tools, some users (such as myself) use Windows emulators in Wine. A Windows build of FCEUX including the aforementioned fix hasn't yet appeared on EmuCR. Besides, people tend to trust the latest official release from FCEUX.com more than EmuCR, for reasons such as momentary regressions in interim builds or the fake download buttons that some mirrors used by EmuCR use. Furthermore, I'm interested in seeing if 64-bit Wine could run 64-bit FCEUX or if it'd run better under 64-bit Windows because of lack of WOW64 overhead. So I wanted to see how I could build FCEUX for Windows myself and mirror it myself.

I know it's possible to cross-compile certain Windows programs on Linux; has anyone got this working for FCEUX?
calima

Re: Who has cross-compiled FCEUX for Windows on GNU/Linux?

Post by calima »

Not a useful reply, sorry, but this is why I avoid scons and cmake. They make cross-compiling a PITA, whereas it's a breeze with autotools.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

If all you need is the interim build, there is one on the FCEUX downloads page. You don't need to go to EmuCR.
http://www.fceux.com/web/download.html

It's still on 3338 at this moment, though. (Apparently it is updated by manual intervention, but it might get automated in the future.)

If what you want specifically is a Windows build of 3339, I can make one for you if you like, if you can't wait for the next interim build update.
tepples

Post by tepples »

I can wait a couple weeks. I just don't want to wait past the freeze for Action 53 volume 3.