Nintaco -- NES-Famicom-Dendy Emulator

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

AnnaWu

Re: Nintaco -- NES-Famicom-Dendy Emulator

Post by AnnaWu »

zeroone wrote:
AnnaWu wrote:To save levels is not the problem but to load it. Only kindred is able to load edited levels.
I am able to save and load edited Arkanoid II levels in Nintaco.
I confirm now. Damned, Nintaco is too slow on my old PC with WinXP.
zeroone

Post by zeroone »

AnnaWu wrote:Nintaco is too slow on my old PC with WinXP.
What are the specs of your WinXP box?
zeroone

Post by zeroone »

I put the latest build in the OP. It includes a bunch of patches to existing features.
AnnaWu wrote:Nintaco is too slow on my old PC with WinXP.
Dwedit wrote:Framerate goes between 55-60FPS, usually 58FPS. Whenever it doesn't reach 60FPS, sound stutters after about a second.
Found the vsync setting, it goes slightly faster if I turn off vsync.
With Vsync off, and speed set to max, I can get 85FPS.
I also tweaked the way that the timer functions in attempt to make it more performant on older boxes. Please let me know if the modification helped.
zeroone

Post by zeroone »

I finally acquired a page for my emulator.
zeroone

Post by zeroone »

hackfresh wrote:@zeroone netplay rewind seemed to work correctly. My buddy on Mac wasn't able to set his buttons at all (didnt recognize his controller or KB). His OS is el capitan 10.11.3

Maybe its the same Jinput issue.

Is there anything that would make netplay better/worse than nestopia+kaillera p2p? Or should it be roughly the same?
There is a file in lib/native called libjinput-osx.jnilib Can you rename it to libjinput-osx.dylib and try again?

Also, for anyone who can test this under Linux, can you check the error log in the system subdir for issues? Thanks.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

zeroone wrote:Also, for anyone who can test this under Linux, can you check the error log in the system subdir for issues? Thanks.
Scans through all the /dev/input/eventXX nodes, which means I can't use keyboard input. It does correctly work with an external USB controller ... at least once I fix the same stupid permissions issue that bit me with Mesen. (For some reason, /dev/input/jsX are world-readable, but their corresponding /dev/input/eventXX node for joystick HID devices aren't)
zeroone

Post by zeroone »

lidnariq wrote:
zeroone wrote:Also, for anyone who can test this under Linux, can you check the error log in the system subdir for issues? Thanks.
Scans through all the /dev/input/eventXX nodes, which means I can't use keyboard input. It does correctly work with an external USB controller ... at least once I fix the same stupid permissions issue that bit me with Mesen. (For some reason, /dev/input/jsX are world-readable, but their corresponding /dev/input/eventXX node for joystick HID devices aren't)
Googling suggests the same:

http://www.java-gaming.org/index.php?topic=17889.0

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4307 ... privileges

Though, I wonder why fixing permissions does not solve the keyboard issue.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

I mean, it should, but unlike with the joystick I'm insufficiently confident that it's "safe" (whatever that means) to override the restrictive permissions for my primary input device.
zeroone

Post by zeroone »

lidnariq wrote:I mean, it should, but unlike with the joystick I'm insufficiently confident that it's "safe" (whatever that means) to override the restrictive permissions for my primary input device.
Ah. But, does that mean if you did issue the proper command, it would likely fix this issue?
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

I mean, sure, in the same sense that running things as Administrator under WIndows XP would solve an issue...
zeroone

Post by zeroone »

lidnariq wrote:I mean, sure, in the same sense that running things as Administrator under WIndows XP would solve an issue...
Well, the best I can do at the moment is to document how to abuse your environment to make it work. My Unix knowledge in general is quite limited. If possible, could you provide the least invasive commands that would enable a user to run this under Linux and the consequences of said commands?
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Nevermind, I'm wrong. Even after having made all the /dev/input/eventXX nodes world-readable, keyboard input doesn't work in the button remapper, and system.log just says
20170419-12:26:57.424 INFO: Linux plugin claims to have found 5 controllers
zeroone

Post by zeroone »

lidnariq wrote:Nevermind, I'm wrong. Even after having made all the /dev/input/eventXX nodes world-readable, keyboard input doesn't work in the button remapper, and system.log just says
20170419-12:26:57.424 INFO: Linux plugin claims to have found 5 controllers
Ouch.

It looks like even Minecraft had this issue back in the day:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ar ... ut-event-x

I'm not sure if any of that information helps.
jblazing

Post by jblazing »

I'm gonna post to hope and see if the dev even sees this.

A problem that I seem to be having is with the C api. Whenever I try to run getPixels(api,pixels) in the FrameListener, once the function escapes the program will segfault. I made sure to make the array size is 256 * 240, I have tried both dynamically allocated memory and array on the stack, both cause a segfault.

I am using the latest versions of both the api and the emulator from 5/1/17 .

Code: https://pastebin.com/mUgsjDQu
zeroone

Post by zeroone »

jblazing wrote:I'm gonna post to hope and see if the dev even sees this.

A problem that I seem to be having is with the C api. Whenever I try to run getPixels(api,pixels) in the FrameListener, once the function escapes the program will segfault. I made sure to make the array size is 256 * 240, I have tried both dynamically allocated memory and array on the stack, both cause a segfault.

I am using the latest versions of both the api and the emulator from 5/1/17 .

Code: https://pastebin.com/mUgsjDQu
Sorry about that issue. I'll try to patch that this weekend.