Going to stream working on my emulator, would love opinions

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

tdondich

Going to stream working on my emulator, would love opinions

Post by tdondich »

So I've been working on a NES emulator written in javascript as well as vue.js. This is meant as a learning project which uses vue.js in order to view the elements of the NES working in a reactive way. So far I've completed the majority of the CPU (official opcodes) as well as memory bus and the initial start of the PPU. The source for this is ongoing and is available at https://github.com/tdondich/vue-2a03-emu . I would love comments/suggestions.

I'm going to be streaming on twitch.tv tonight at 8pm PDT and will be working on the NES emulator, specifically the areas around the PPU. If anyone wants to collaborate or tune in and tell me I'm doing it wrong (I probably am), I'd love feedback. I'll be streaming at: https://www.twitch.tv/adventuresinprogramming

So basically, love the community, first time posting since working on my emulator (been about 4 weeks now) and hoping to strike up some conversations!
thefox

Re: Going to stream working on my emulator, would love opini

Post by thefox »

"20a3-emu" is a somewhat misleading name if it also includes the PPU. :)
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
tdondich

Re: Going to stream working on my emulator, would love opini

Post by tdondich »

Yeah, and the memory bus and the cartridge loader with mappers. It first started off as just the CPU but oof it grew from there.

So....I may just rename it. :) Mind you, it may include the PPU, but it ain't workin' yet! So excited to get something visual going.

In last night's stream, we worked on visualizing the CHR data and finally got it figured out. It was a pretty exciting moment. Getting closer to a full screen render!