It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:04 am 

I find Koitsu's idea very interesting.
Not being an european person would certainly made this person to add the offensive 88 number on the name.
Or maybe this number is not as offensinve as I tought.

Deviating a little from the topic, I'm not a guy who knows a lot about numerology, but here 24 can be considered a bit offensive, but is mostly used in jokes.
13 is a number wich is a sign of bad/good luck for many people, and I heard that there are buildings that even don't have this floor number. :shock:
And also there's the 666 number, the one I know because of that great english band: Iron Maiden.

Also, I think Tepples is having a very parentalistic behaviour trying to help a desperated person to learn something new and become productive, wich is a very nice thing.
I'm just not sure what's the reason for so much despair, wich Koitsu's theory fits well to explain.
Or maybe Nocash is right, and it's a military/government test for a new chatting AI! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:17 am 

Oh, I wasn't concerned about the number 88 or anything like that -- could be a year, could be an arbitrary number. Maybe 88 because that was the 80s and the Famicom was super popular then? I often make it a point to ask folks younger than 30 who have monikers like "snakewizard19425" what the number means, and ~90% of the time it has no meaning, they just picked it randomly. What negative association is there with the number 88? (In Chinese culture, it's considered a lucky number that brings good fortune). Edit: oh... I see. Yikes. Well, interesting nonetheless, I'll have to keep that in mind. We haven't seen any anti-semetic comments from them so far though :-)

My point was that the actual origin of the OP is questionable considering the details. I strongly suspect it's just something to take at face value (see Occam's razor): a young end-user that wants an 8 year-old port of an emulator (to/on a 13 year old console that was officially discontinued 3 years ago) updated to support 18 new mappers via a file format that's currently unsupported, and wants someone else to do it because they lack the skill themselves. Lacking the skill is 100% OK, no shame in that at all... but repeatedly hounding/crying for someone else to do it is considered rude internationally, I'm pretty sure. :-)

Tepples is a wonderful person and site admin but I feel sometimes he's too optimistic. The Sun Tzu-attributed phrase "choose your battles wisely" might apply here with a slight modification: choose your disciples carefully. That said, I wouldn't ever want him (Tepples) to change, as he being himself is what I love the most about him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:50 am 

88 makes me think of Back to the Future.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:14 am 

It's also the denomination used on some MMC3 clone in the early 90s.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:16 am 

I'm trying to avoid these kind of polemic subjects since the last time I talked openly about it did no good, but that's exactly what I meant.
I don't know much about Tepples, but the little I know about him makes me think he's a very kind and nice person.
I also enjoy the great historical knowledge you have. Ever tought about write a book or a blog telling these stories?

Maybe one day I can meet some folks from here in person and have some random chat, but I think it would be a lot easier to meet other people from my country than the others.
For now, I just keep chatting on social networks or here, at NESDev.

@Tokumaru & @MLX: Yeah! As Koitsu said, the year 1988 was also a great year for the NES! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:53 am 

Hello, thank you for your answers

88 is my birthday

I'm really from the Czech Republic
I do not like games since the little one
I am not a cheater

I do not want to sell anything

adding mappers I would like to share for all people
surely many people are still playing ps3

I will try to learn it
I'm going to learn now in the Python program
can you please tell me which file I add the mapper?
yes
add 20 mappers, 2.0 INES

hold my thumbs, thank you

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:04 am 

koitsu

is possible to add NES 2.0 mapper to Mednafen?
To what file are the mappers added?
I am sending in an attachment
OR EBOOT.BIN?

it can not send more than 4 mb
Help me please

Attachments:
MDFN90002.rar [3.16 MiB]
Downloaded 117 times

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:50 am 

Please give an example in the picture
And what does the mapper code look like?
Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:09 am 

Can you please submit this feature request -- adding support for 18 different mappers, and iNES 2.0 header support -- to the the Mednafen people on their own forum? There is a sub-board there called Feature Requests which is where such requests should go. Even present-day Mednafen does not have support for these mappers/file format, so it's something that if coded by them could potentially be backported to the PS3 port of Mednafen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 am 

Koitsu
So I wrote there

I do not believe they will add
Where do you add mappers and how? Hex Editor?
Thank you very much

Attachments:
SCREEN.jpg
SCREEN.jpg [ 149.05 KiB | Viewed 4806 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:35 am 

Roughly four years ago, when I sought to spread confirmation of an FME-7 IRQ behavior, I was bitten by the alligator in the moat surrounding Mednafen's support forum, and it took the help of other users in #nesdev on EFnet to get me across.

I see three steps to satisfy this request:

1. Request NES 2.0 in Mednafen, attaching a tech demo that requires it. You could start with MMC3 with 32K CHR RAM, FME-7 with 32K PRG RAM, and anything else on the NES 2.0 games topic whose ROM is available.
  2. Request these multicart mappers in Mednafen.
  3. Integrate new Mednafen into the old PS3 wrapper.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:40 am 

Deviljin88 wrote:
Koitsu
So I wrote there

No, you posted a GitHub Issues request on a forked repo. Someone forked the original repo probably out of concern or just cuz they wanted to. I covered the repository information in this post.

Please re-read what I asked you to do, including using the link to their forum that I gave you and those instructions. You **can** link them to this thread here on nesdev if you wish.

I won't be responding to this thread from this point forward (and if I could figure out how to ignore/filter it, I would). I maintain my strong opinion that you have taken up enough of {the community's} time with repeated threads and non-stop begging. but I obviously can't speak for everyone. NewRisingSun warned us.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 am 

yes Feature Requests Mednafem Forum I also wrote there
NewRisingSun
It hates me so everyone tries to hate me, we did not do anything to him
I'm waiting for approval for a mednafen fora, my topic
please suggest me

what is OP
Yes, I read your message
I just do not know where the mappers are added
:-(
NstDatabase?
does not work

Attachments:
database.jpg
database.jpg [ 95.84 KiB | Viewed 4765 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:53 am 

Speaking Czech and begging for mappers for unlicensed games heavily implies that he is from eastern Europe. Unlicensed 60-pin carts are uncommon in Japan and NES-countries, and common in Famiclone-countries like China and eastern Europe.
Assuming he is Japanese because his name is Deviljin is like assuming a user is Italian because his name is Supermario. Devil Jin is a character from the Tekken series, and yeah he is Japanese.

Deviljin88 wrote:
NewRisingSun
It hates me so everyone tries to hate me, we did not do anything to him
Yeah except for the excessive begging, and the impersonation resulting in him becoming accidentally banned.

Considering you made a forum mod come over here to explain the whole situation, I think you should reflect a bit more over what you have done instead of shrugging it off like it's not your fault. Consider other people's feelings.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:03 am 

Your birthday is 8th August? Or 1988? Or did you just say that 88 is your birthday because you thought that it is the most probable answer that we wanted to hear from you?

Speaking of most probable answers: I could imagine some cases where impersonations might happen wholly by accident (or at least without bad intention simply unaware of nettiquette). If I had never learned anything about computers from friends & family & school, and wanted to contact my older brother via internet, then I would probably end up registering an account with username OlderBrother and password PublicHotspot (that, assuming that username Okay and password Okay didn't work because they were already registered by somebody else).

Anyways, forget about questions like "Where are the mapper files?" for now. Your current task is to read and understand those python tutorials. If you are done with that, then you could perhaps write a program that calculates "How much is 35+21?"

If you do truly understand how to do such things, then almost everybody would be really very impressed about your progress. And if your learn a bit more about programming, then you might be able to find that "mapper file" yourself. But that might be a long way to get there, so please forget about questions related to ps3 and mappers for now. And if you forget about that things and focus on small steps then you might also find more people who could help you about learning "how to write your first program", including people whom are speaking languages that you are familar with.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next