How can i insert Emulator Mods/Patches into FCEUX?

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

calima

Re: How can i insert Emulator Mods/Patches into FCEUX?

Post by calima »

IIRC there's something similar on AVS too. Everything can be cheated by someone persistent naturally.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

calima wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:19 amEverything can be cheated by someone persistent naturally.
Does that matter? This kind of site is about keeping a log of things you've done and comparing with your friends. Actual competitive leaderboards more or less universally require video proof and manual review these days anyway.
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

kuja killer wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:03 pm I just had to comment about this topics title. Cant resist. I always wished it was possible to have online leaderboards in the emus. I actually programmed a fully functional leaderboard into my megaman 3 hack - megaman odyssey years ago, which uses a LUA script i wrote that connects to a website and upload your Time Attack times from the 6000-7FFF saveRAM area to the website or whatever (and reading back data from other players scores. Just like any regular modern game console would showing leaderboards. -- for FCEUX

I had a php script on the other side for the webserver. I did it for testing years ago cause I wanted to see if it was possible, and it really did work 100% --

kinda sucks that the player would have to open up a LUA script in their emulator though to just use it. :( It was just a temporarily site i used called "byte host".
I can imagine it's probably a big problem that the lua script reveals the website used, and all the saveRAM areas used, making it easy for a person to just edit their .SAV files in the hex editor to rig it. :(

But yea i wish something like leaderboards "natively" existed for fceux, nintendulator, nestopia, and/or maybe bizhawk since that one seems to be getting more popular these days.
i would value your wish, but don't you also have the wish for playing vt03 games on consoles other than windows?
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

back to action folks.

i'd be happy to get football training hacked to make it work on nes please