I just dumped my Wii's flash memory

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

Laserbeak43

Post by Laserbeak43 »

it's legal if they can control/profit from it.
Noob sticky!!
Please document this part of the NESdevWiki!! XD
YOU NEED A RETROMACHINESHOP!!
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Nintendo sounds really upset in that page. And they're basically saying: "Screw you! You are gonna play the games we want you to, when and how we want to!"...

Thing is I don't think retro gaming would have "lived" until today at all if it weren't for emulation. And we'd be pretty much screwed if we depended on these companies to play the original games, because the official emulators mostly suck. Fortunately we do have good (and free) emulators, and there is always something new and interesting, such as the NTSC filters by blargg.
tepples

Post by tepples »

But would most players rather have NTSC filtering + scanlines, or would they rather have Scale2x in glorious 480 Pee?
Laserbeak43

Post by Laserbeak43 »

tokumaru wrote: Thing is I don't think retro gaming would have "lived" until today at all if it weren't for emulation.
roger that. only on ebay for TONS of money.
Noob sticky!!
Please document this part of the NESdevWiki!! XD
YOU NEED A RETROMACHINESHOP!!
Jedi QuestMaster

Post by Jedi QuestMaster »

tokumaru wrote:Nintendo sounds really upset in that page. And they're basically saying: "Screw you! You are gonna play the games we want you to, when and how we want to!"...
No! You hear me? You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Who needs glorious NTSC filtering when you have the lovely yellow composite cable to hook it up to an NTSC TV?
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper »

Dwedit wrote:Who needs glorious NTSC filtering when you have the lovely yellow composite cable to hook it up to an NTSC TV?
I you mean a yellow composite cable *from PC*, the effect isn't the same. That "TV Pass" test fails completly when running on a TV, signals from a PC.
tomaitheous

Post by tomaitheous »

tepples wrote:But would most players rather have NTSC filtering + scanlines, or would they rather have Scale2x in glorious 480 Pee?
I hate Scale2x. NTSC filtering + scanlines for me please.
Who needs glorious NTSC filtering when you have the lovely yellow composite cable to hook it up to an NTSC TV
?

Last I checked, outputting composite video from the PC didn't generate 240p signal. 480i is definitely not a win situation for me.
BMF54123

Post by BMF54123 »

Scale2x is gross. It just makes everything blobby and distorted. If you can't stand playing a game in its original pixellated glory, maybe you should just go back to your Halo and GTA. Darned young whippersnappers.
clueless

Post by clueless »

Me Too! [1]

I also very much dislike scale2x. I run fceultra at 4x (windowed, not full screen) with no special graphics filters. Pixels are part of the experience. Enjoy them. Anti-aliasing is for sissies.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_too
Near
Founder of higan project

Post by Near »

It really depends on the game and the filter.

Scale2X is a poor man's scaler. Try Zelda: LttP sometime with HQ2x ... it's an amazing improvement. Now on more detailed games like DKC, yeah ... filters just make things worse.
muylujonet

Re: I just dumped my Wii's flash memory

Post by muylujonet »

[spam post removed]
Fisher

Re: I just dumped my Wii's flash memory

Post by Fisher »

muylujonet wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:14 am How do I install the Homebrew Channel?
It's been a long time since I did this...
There are detailed instructions here.
I really wish you're not a spambot!!