It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:34 am 

Basically what I was trying to say is that I only target discreet mappers (ie something with components that I can pick up at Jameco or Digikey). Not that I've made anything interesting as of yet, I do happen to have the parts handy just in my collect'o'stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:47 pm 

Indeed, I'm not sure why I forgot to mention that.

Jon, the RetroZone MMC1 clone is certainly available for you to use and MMC1 isn't bad at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:02 pm 

MottZilla wrote:
Indeed, I'm not sure why I forgot to mention that.

Jon, the RetroZone MMC1 clone is certainly available for you to use and MMC1 isn't bad at all.

Yes. I have two. They are a bit more expensive and so far aren't necessary for anything I've written.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:42 am 

blargg wrote:
Some of the Ninja Gaiden games use the 8-sprite limit on cutscenes.

Sorry for the necrobump. Just noticed the wiki (https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Spr ... flow_games) was asking for more details on this, so I played through the game. This is the list of 8 sprite limit masking effects I found in the first Ninja Gaiden:
-In the intro, the zoomed in faces of Ryu's father and Malth are constrained to the black borders using 8 sprites.
-This same zoomed in face palette swapped for Ryu in between Acts 2 and 3 when running; the same for between Acts 3 and 4, and used not running in Foster's office. Finally, in between 6.3 and 6.4 with Ryu talking to his father.
-The ninja jumping after stealing the statue is confined to the black borders between Acts 3 and 4.
-The parachute scene between Acts 3 and 4 is also confined to the black borders, but I'm not sure this actually affects any sprites on screen.

Those are all the ones I found. All the other effects appear to be based on setting background priority.

Post subject: Re: Zelda dungeons
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:48 pm 

@GreyRogue -- can you update the wiki with these details? Do you have a Wiki account? If not, please make one (Email validation will not work; server-side crap is broken, not your fault), and Tepples/Memblers/myself can approve the account for editing access. Thanks.