NES Cart Database - update

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

BootGod

NES Cart Database - update

Post by BootGod »

UPDATE:
I'm going to be shutting the current DB down. I've been working on a web-based interface, which is coming along very nicely. Thanks to all for trying it and for the suggestions. The website site should be ready soon. Although I will have to take a break from that while putting together my CopyNES :)
Last edited by BootGod on Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BootGod

Post by BootGod »

Sigh, I see that the registration bug is no longer an isolated case :cry: I see a couple of attempted registers, but the user/pass came in as nonsense.

FIXED: You will need to redownload the zip file if you were having registration problems
Last edited by BootGod on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James

Post by James »

Registration worked ok for me. The app stops responding while reading my ROMs if the window loses focus, though a sniffer confirms that it's still talking with your server. It will eventually come back, but it doesn't make it through all of my ROMs -- perhaps I'm trying to open too many at once?
get nemulator
http://nemulator.com
BootGod

Post by BootGod »

The app is not multi-threaded at the moment, so if your loading a lot of files, the GUI may stall until they've finished processing. How many files did you try to load? There is currently a generic limit of 1024 files open. If you had more than that, it should just stop loading after that point. This could certainly be dynamic in the future.

Post by Guest »

My apologies to anyone who has tried to connect in the past week, somehow my firewall started to block the server port. Fixed now though.
BootGod

Post by BootGod »

Updated, see 1st post