It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
 Post subject: Re: puNES Emulator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:05 am 

First i want to thank you for making this great Emulator, i love it.

puNES is running perfect on my Gaming PC but i have a problem running it on my second PC, a Retro Box (XP Pro, Dual Core @1,80, 2GB RAM, 512MB Nvidia ION).
I've tested both latest versions 0.101 of D3D9 and SDL, both run fine when Audio is turned off but when i turn Audio on it starts to get micro stuttering. SDL runs better as it has very few micro stutter, D3D9 is unplayable and i get screen tearing (have DirectX9 installed).

I've tried many things to fix this by enabling/disabling VSYNC in puNES, VSYNC in Nvidia Panel, disabling APU channels, downgrading Audio quality, CPU overclocking, nothing worked.
It has probably something to do with XP being old or the Dual Core is to slow, however its just a Audio issue and it would be awesome if someone could help me out.
I am asking this because the other Emulators such as ePSXe, PJ64, Snes9X run without any issue on my Retro Box and i am curious what i am missing for puNES.

For future builds, it would be awesome if you could add a simple Game-List launcher similar to ePSXe's and a Scanline function with adjustable brightness similar to ePSXe's.

Last edited by MagusLOGS on Mon May 08, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:14 am 

It might be the case but every body has his/her own experience!
tachophobiaipledge

Last edited by martin123 on Thu May 04, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:09 pm 

hi guys,

i would like to try this beautiful emulator. where can i find the lates version for Windows 10 64 bit?

many thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:08 pm 

Check the first post of the thread (since those links are kept up to date with the latest version), and pick one of the "win64 SDL" or "win64 D3D9" versions.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:45 pm 

ah thanks! which is the difference between "win64 SDL" or "win64 D3D9" versions ? If I want the SDL version i have to download and install SDL libraries, am I right? From here: https://www.libsdl.org/download-2.0.php I suppose i have to download the Rutime binaries for Windows 64 bit. Is it correct? Or the Source code?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48