puNES Emulator

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

Darkness Knight

Re: puNES Emulator (ex Fnes)

Post by Darkness Knight »

nothingtosay wrote:
Darkness Knight wrote:Which is the link of download the filter xBRZ for VBA-M?
VBA-M can use KEGA Fusion filters and you can get a pack with xBRZ included by choosing one of the links from here (some links are dead. I went with DepositFiles). In case you don't know what to do after that, make a folder in your VBA-M directory called plugins and unzip your download in it. Then you should be able to go to "Select Filter Plugin ..." in the emulator and get a drop-down list of them all. The first time I tried it the list was empty; I re-downloaded VBA-M and then it worked.

Sorry for the off-topic.
=O I see, thanks a lot, btw the "new" pack of plugins KEGA:
http://www.emucr.com/2013/04/kega-fusio ... 30427.html

btw, are plugin xBR, here a filter xBRZ:
http://en.file-upload.net/download-8825 ... 1.zip.html

Salu2 - Darkness Knight
CPU: Core i7 4770k @ 3.9GHz.
GPU: Geforce GTX780 GHz (GK110-B1) @ v340.43 BETA.
SPU: X-Fi Titanium PCIe @ v11.2.40.0008 WHQL.
O.S: Windows 8.1.1 Pro x64.

Mi canal en Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/darknessknightes
angrylion

Post by angrylion »

I think that puNES garbles some notes in Dendy + high quality audio mode. It's very audible in Mickey's Safari in Letterland (U) title music, the whole tune becomes kind of "drunk" or chaotic, so to speak. It doesn't happen in Nestopia and Nintendulator in Dendy mode or on my real UMC UM6561F-2 based Dendy. I've tested it with and without VSync. In low quality audio + Dendy mode, on the other hand, the audio is too fast, not slowed down to 50 Hz, which is wrong. The latter also holds true for LQ audio + PAL mode. I hope it has nothing to do with my sound card. I'm using Windows XP.
FHorse

Post by FHorse »

angrylion wrote:I think that puNES garbles some notes in Dendy + high quality audio mode. It's very audible in Mickey's Safari in Letterland (U) title music, the whole tune becomes kind of "drunk" or chaotic, so to speak. It doesn't happen in Nestopia and Nintendulator in Dendy mode or on my real UMC UM6561F-2 based Dendy. I've tested it with and without VSync. In low quality audio + Dendy mode, on the other hand, the audio is too fast, not slowed down to 50 Hz, which is wrong. The latter also holds true for LQ audio + PAL mode. I hope it has nothing to do with my sound card. I'm using Windows XP.
I'll do some checking as soon I get home.
vuehbwhq

Post by vuehbwhq »

angrylion wrote:I think that puNES garbles some notes in Dendy + high quality audio mode. It's very audible in Mickey's Safari in Letterland (U) title music, the whole tune becomes kind of "drunk" or chaotic, so to speak. It doesn't happen in Nestopia and Nintendulator in Dendy mode or on my real UMC UM6561F-2 based Dendy. I've tested it with and without VSync. In low quality audio + Dendy mode, on the other hand, the audio is too fast, not slowed down to 50 Hz, which is wrong. The latter also holds true for LQ audio + PAL mode. I hope it has nothing to do with my sound card. I'm using Windows XP.
I couldn't reproduce those problems here, I'm also using Windows XP. I got this after trying all possible combinations of quality and regions. I also tested different sample rates and mono/stereo with same results. Странно. :mrgreen:
angrylion

Post by angrylion »

vuehbwhq wrote: I couldn't reproduce those problems here, I'm also using Windows XP. I got this after trying all possible combinations of quality and regions. I also tested different sample rates and mono/stereo with same results. Странно. :mrgreen:
Indeed, that was a mistake on my part. I accidentally changed Video->FPS setting some time ago from "Default" to "60 Hz" and forgot about it, that's why the audio sounded weird in 50 Hz modes. Sorry for an unfounded attempt at bug reporting.
FHorse

Post by FHorse »

angrylion wrote:
vuehbwhq wrote: I couldn't reproduce those problems here, I'm also using Windows XP. I got this after trying all possible combinations of quality and regions. I also tested different sample rates and mono/stereo with same results. Странно. :mrgreen:
Indeed, that was a mistake on my part. I accidentally changed Video->FPS setting some time ago from "Default" to "60 Hz" and forgot about it, that's why the audio sounded weird in 50 Hz modes. Sorry for an unfounded attempt at bug reporting.
No problem :wink: and thanks to vuehbwhq for the tests.
tepples

Post by tepples »

User error like this often means a bug in the program's user interface. Perhaps one thing can be learned from that: warn the user if video frequency is overridden and doesn't match the TV system of the emulated console.
FHorse

Version 0.90

Post by FHorse »

Changelog:
- Fixed a lot of bugs in the mappers MMC1, FM7, 28, 176, 178, and FDS.
- Full support for the format NES 2.0.
- Implemented the filter xBRZ.
- Implemented the UNIF mappers FK23C, FK23CA, D1038, MARIO1-MALEE2.
Given the large amount of revised code, if someone were to find roms that worked properly with the 0.89 but not with this release, please contact me.
nothingtosay

Post by nothingtosay »

Awesome, man. Great to see you both adding requested features and working out the bugs. Once again, many thanks.
Darkness Knight

WOW! Great work! thanks man ;)

Salu2 - Darkness Knight

Mi canal en Youtube:
Darkness Knight

Hi, do you will add support real fullscreen for a smooth experience? I noticed "fps drop" in games with scroll horizontal (e.g Super Mario Bros.). Maybe relationed v-sync issues?

P.D: puNES v0.90 sdl & D3D9.

Salu2 - Darkness Knight.

Mi canal en Youtube:
thefox

Post by thefox »

Yoshi (U) [!].nes doesn't work on puNES 0.90. If you're able to fix this, please also let me know where the problem was. :)

Code: Select all

CRC:          E7EAD93B
SHA-1:        4E48695ED4EF4DB19FBB3806D25397C371A479CD
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
thefox

Post by thefox »

I think I figured out the problem with Yoshi, it's a broken ROM. ROM is 160 KB (+16 bytes), even though it's supposed to have 128 KB PRG-ROM and 64 KB CHR-ROM (= 192 KB + 16 bytes total). That broken ROM seems to be somewhat commonly distributed (first hit from Google found the same one...)

iNES header is broken in the ROM, saying it has 64 KB CHR-ROM when in reality it's 32 KB.
Last edited by thefox on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

thefox wrote:I think I figured out the problem with Yoshi, it's a broken ROM. ROM is 160 KB (+16 bytes), even though it's supposed to have 128 KB PRG-ROM and 64 KB CHR-ROM (= 192 KB + 16 bytes total). That broken ROM seems to be somewhat commonly distributed (first hit from Google found the same one...)
Really?
thefox

Post by thefox »

lidnariq wrote:
thefox wrote:I think I figured out the problem with Yoshi, it's a broken ROM. ROM is 160 KB (+16 bytes), even though it's supposed to have 128 KB PRG-ROM and 64 KB CHR-ROM (= 192 KB + 16 bytes total). That broken ROM seems to be somewhat commonly distributed (first hit from Google found the same one...)
Really?
Thanks, it was actually the header that was wrong. Makes more sense.