puNES Emulator

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

tepples

Re: puNES Emulator

Post by tepples »

Apart from the swinging colorburst that signals inversion of Cr, PAL-M uses a slightly different subcarrier frequency: 3575611 Hz vs. 3579545 Hz for NTSC. Do we define the active period as 560/3 cycles? Or do we define it as 704/13.5 microseconds?

But on second thought, the difference between these is about the same magnitude as the inaccuracy from rounding the overall output width to the nearest multiple of 8.
Black Zero

Post by Black Zero »

There have been some interesting commits lately, any chance of a new WIP build to try out?
Thanks in advance!
Black Zero

Post by Black Zero »

Spot on, thanks a lot!
BaconIsGood16

Post by BaconIsGood16 »

Hello FHorse, I wanted to ask if you can please add A Frame Skip OFF option or Frame Skip Zero option. Auto Frame Skip or any Frame Skip option causes a slight stutter/skip for me when I am playing a game (Ninja Gaiden for example). I learned this from using other emulators called Final Burn Alpha and BizHawk which also have a Auto Frame Skip option, and when I turn the Auto Frame Skip to off or to zero, the slight stuttering stops and the gameplay is smooth. It is not a huge stutter, it is very slight, very little. So can you please add a Frame Skip OFF/Zero option. :) Thank You for your time, thank you for your emulator and have a nice day.
nothingtosay

Post by nothingtosay »

I get what you're going for with the monochrome/sepia colors when the emulator is paused, but could you make it optional? Sometimes I use the emulator pause function to get a good image to test out palettes and sometimes it's a screen that you can't use the in-game pause on, like a title screen where the start button begins the game. Sorry, I don't mean to spoil your cool effect.
millansoft

Post by millansoft »

Hello,

First of all, this is the best NES emulator I found, congratulations!

Now a little question, I tried to play Wild Gunman setting a zapper in the input menu, the game shows up, I see a crosshair that responds to the mouse, but the clicks doesnt do anything, I can't start the game, how I start it?

Thanks!
tepples

Post by tepples »

Is your emulated Zapper plugged into port 1 or port 2? Most NES games (including all licensed games) expect it in port 2.
millansoft

Post by millansoft »

Thanks a lot, I had it in port 1
trebor

Post by trebor »

Hoping this may be cleared up for 101 final, as the issue is present for both version 100 and the last 101 WIP posted on Fri, Sep 02, 2016.

For the game Klax, there is shaking/refresh corruption from the "WAVE DROP METER WAVE" bar, downward. A little less than half the screen is impacted.
FHorse

Post by FHorse »

trebor wrote:Hoping this may be cleared up for 101 final, as the issue is present for both version 100 and the last 101 WIP posted on Fri, Sep 02, 2016.

For the game Klax, there is shaking/refresh corruption from the "WAVE DROP METER WAVE" bar, downward. A little less than half the screen is impacted.
Fixed. Thanks for the report.
trebor

Post by trebor »

Excellent, thank you, sir - Plays great now.
gabb995

Post by gabb995 »

Hi FHorse.
I'm trying out some Retroarch shaders. They all work except for Royale.
I've using the OPENGL version and trying to load the .glslp file.

When using the v.100 puNES just closes.
When using v.101 WiP I can see in the console the following:
OPENGL: Can't open file 'D:/downloads/punes64.wip.sdl/shaders/crt-royale/src/crt-royale-bloom-approx.glsl' for reading
I have copied all these files to that folder.

Any ideas?
zerowalker

Post by zerowalker »

I would like to request a setting to have a Black Screen as default background instead of the noise.
Why is mostly cause if i start recording something and i have to wait until i can start the game for Live Streams or similar stuff,
having that noise just makes the recording Much bigger then what the actual game uses xD

So just a little request.

Thanks for the save RAM setting btw:)
Alyosha_TAS

Post by Alyosha_TAS »

The game Chaos World (CH) crashes on the opening in game cutscene (after you create a character and start the game.)

It crashes because it expects 4 screen mirroring.

I'm not sure if mapper 195 is supposed to have 4 screen mirroring available, or if the game uses a slightly modified mapper, or actually is a different mapper altogether.