It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: ROB emulation?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:49 pm 
Has anyone yet tackled the issue of ROB emulation? I've never seen the actual unit, nor was I able to find a clear description of how it works on the many NES nostalgia sites, but a previous post here says that it is not directly connected to a NES controller port - it works via reading flashes from the CRT. Have the flash patterns yet been reverse engineered? Also, how does the ROB communicate back with the NES? And what's with the weird plastic blocks that came with Stack-Up?

Does anyone have a complete list of which NES/FC peripherals are currently not emulated? I can think of the following:
* ROB
* Miracle Piano
* Power Glove (native mode; Super Glove Ball)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:21 pm 

VirtuaNes sort of emulates Gyromite. Basically, the screen would flash, the robot would push some buttons on the second controller causing the columns to change their positions. VirtuaNES does the second-controller-pushing for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:02 pm 

The hard part about Gyromite was two-fold, the time it took ROB to grab the gyros from their holder, bring it to the spinner, then place the spinning gryo on the particular button lever without losing the gryo.

Stack-Up seems slightly easier, as ROB only has five colored cylindrical blocks, each of a unique color, to place on platforms.