Early Demo - Auge

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Krill
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:18 am

Early Demo - Auge

Post by Krill » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:20 am

Hello,
I've been lurking around here for some time, seeing all these amazing projects, and decided it was time to join in and share a game I've been working on.

The name "Auge" is only temporary until I can think of a more suited name.

The game is a horizontal scrolling shmup and compiled with NESASM v3.1.

The demo is rather short and there is no music, nevertheless, enjoy.
Attachments
Auge.nes
(40.02 KiB) Downloaded 903 times

User avatar
thefox
Posts: 3141
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Tampere, Finland
Contact:

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by thefox » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:29 am

It's a great start!

What emulators have you tested in? The ROM worked perfectly in Nintendulator, but on Nestopia and FCEUX when I pressed the shoot button, the background color changed, the ship disappeared, and then re-appeared from the right side of the screen.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi

Denine
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by Denine » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:56 am

Despite my dislike for horizontal shooters, I really like it!
thefox-that's weird, ROM works perfectly in my FCEU and Nestopia.

User avatar
Punch
Posts: 341
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:52 am

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by Punch » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:12 am

Man, that's pretty good. I hope you're an entrant for the 2014 competition, I would like to see that in the multicart!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

User avatar
Krill
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:18 am

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by Krill » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:24 am

thefox wrote:It's a great start!

What emulators have you tested in? The ROM worked perfectly in Nintendulator, but on Nestopia and FCEUX when I pressed the shoot button, the background color changed, the ship disappeared, and then re-appeared from the right side of the screen.
Thanks, I've tested it in Nintendulator and FCEUX.
As for the problem, it sounds like a button on the second controller is being pressed. I've been using it to examine new functions quickly, such as the event you described.
Denine wrote:Despite my dislike for horizontal shooters, I really like it!
That's good to hear, I've been rather nervous about putting it up.

User avatar
thefox
Posts: 3141
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Tampere, Finland
Contact:

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by thefox » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:33 am

Krill wrote:As for the problem, it sounds like a button on the second controller is being pressed. I've been using it to examine new functions quickly, such as the event you described.
That explains it. I have the same buttons configured for both controllers.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi

proveaux
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by proveaux » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:31 am

Fun game. Looking good!

User avatar
rainwarrior
Posts: 7639
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:03 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by rainwarrior » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:00 am

Neat.

Zelex
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by Zelex » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:17 am

Fantastic! This is a really great start here! :)

User avatar
tokumaru
Posts: 11439
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:43 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by tokumaru » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:40 am

Nice! The presentation is awesome... cute graphics, smooth animations, fade transitions... that's more than you can say about many NES projects. Really interested in seeing where this is going, keep it up!

User avatar
Krill
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:18 am

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by Krill » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:32 am

Thanks for the feedback, most of the main functions are complete, but there is still a ton of content to be created. I'm hoping to have three levels and four bosses in the game.
Punch wrote:Man, that's pretty good. I hope you're an entrant for the 2014 competition, I would like to see that in the multicart!
Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not entering the competition.

Denine
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by Denine » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:27 am

Krill wrote:Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not entering the competition.
You can still submit Auge under the "Free for all" category as demos\unfinished work is accepted in there. That way more people may discover the game.

Auge actually gives me a kick to create something myself again (I was in a something I call "coding depression"). Thanks.

User avatar
Krill
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:18 am

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by Krill » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:53 pm

Denine wrote:You can still submit Auge under the "Free for all" category as demos\unfinished work is accepted in there. That way more people may discover the game.
Well I'll look into that then, thinking about it is giving me motivation to do some more work on it.
Denine wrote:Auge actually gives me a kick to create something myself again (I was in a something I call "coding depression"). Thanks.
I'm glad my work could help, reading this really put me in high spirits.

wyndcrosser
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by wyndcrosser » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Fantastic work, adding music would make it a must have.

Have you thought of using other graphics?

User avatar
Krill
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:18 am

Re: Early Demo - Auge

Post by Krill » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:04 am

Thanks, I intend to have music before it's finished. I can't guarantee the quality of the music though, as I know almost nothing about music composition.
Have you thought of using other graphics?
I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question. Could you elaborate?

Post Reply