2. All in ines offsets.
- DABG: $69fc - $8009
- Blaster: $3896 - $4009
- Conway's Life has an uncompressed CHR page with 6144 bytes of blank tiles
- and of course robotfindskitten has lots of reserved space for non kitten items.
3. I didn't find more mapper writes other then at $FBBC and $FBC1
4. Attached is a set of 64x56 screens.
- (3.06 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
Cute Thanks for the screenshots.recursive.png
The last thing is descriptions for these:
- Sgt. Helmet - Training Day
- Anything else you can think of
Shoot enemies, push boulders and collect keycards to unlock doors and advance through the mission.
Pick up 5 bombs along the way to drop off at the target.
Code: Select all
SoundEffectWithDebounce: lda CollectSoundDebounce bne NotAmmo ... lda #15 sta CollectSoundDebounce rts NotAmmo: cmp #METATILE_HEALTH bne NotHealth ... jmp SoundEffectWithDebounce NotHealth:
- (24.02 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
It's time to get some test coverage for real. Find people to fire up a PowerPak or an emulator that supports the Action 53 mapper (iNES #28) and get to work.
(As usual, if this gives a "File Not Found" error on your PowerPak, you'll need to download MAP1C and install it in your CF card's POWERPAK folder.)
- (242.13 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
This is so far what I got: It's all SVG vectors except for the bitmap screens which currently are just rips from the multi cart menu. Once it's complete and balance I'll post a link to the final SVG file.
- Is the idea composition and style OK?
- Is the infiniteneslives banner OK or should it be changed/removed?
- I'm having difficulty imagining the exact poses of the the RHDE pair, though I'm sure it should feature a poli and a volci fighting.
- Is the last pair of characters OK? if not what would be better?
- Anything else?
Earlier, when I was working on remaking RHDE's title screen in Blender in response to the "MS Paint is eww" reaction that my first title screen got, I envisioned a poli carrying a chair behind him and a volci hitting him over the head with a baseball bat. I need to finish that.
- "Double" in the Chicago font
top row: exact bitmap; rows 2-4: my hand-pixeled enlargement by factor of 2, 4, and 8
- Double_Chicago.png (1.5 KiB) Viewed 10429 times
Why is the lowercase "L" different from your version?tepples wrote:I intended for "Double" to be in the TrueType version of the Chicago font published by Apple (Identifont sample).
Looks good, but why would go through all this trouble when you can use the preview feature in pages like this to get a reasonably sized PNG (with alpha!) of any text you want?If you don't have a Mac handy, you can start with the bitmap version of Chicago, run a couple passes of Scale2x, and fix sharp corners. (I've done so and attached the result.)
EDIT: It's not actually PNG, this page generates a GIF, but it's trivial to put that against a white background and invert the colors to generate an alpha channel you can apply to a solid color layer.
- a53logohires.png (2.61 KiB) Viewed 10408 times
What a coincidence that the game in the multicart with "Double" in its title uses the same customized Chicago:tepples wrote:I've customized Chicago to have a lowercase L distinct from capital I.
Bitmap fonts are not copyrightable, as I've explained before. The font designer can apply for a design patent, but even if Ms. Kare had patented Chicago in 1984 when the Mac first came out, it would have expired back when NESticle was still popular. So all your 8x8 font are belong to everyone.