It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:47 pm 

tepples wrote:
Should I keep quiet until I have fixed all four of these?

No way, your updates give me something to read while I should be working :)

Quote:
Attribute corruption in Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Sbock and Spacey McRacey. I'm not sure if I overestimated how many zeroes at the end are unused or if they actually have problems with uninitialized memory.

Yeah, I noticed this. I'm not sure the answer (haven't had time to look carefully), but I'm guessing for Spacey McRacey, it's more related to uninitialized memory. I don't think there's any reason chopping zeroes at the end would cause the attribute corruption.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:11 pm 

Quote:
Rock Paper Scissors

Which build? 5 ? Probably didn't zero all tables. The original is non-scrolling, so I probably only zeroed one table, or maybe I forgot altogether. It was rushed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:25 pm 
Formerly WhatULive4

na_th_an wrote:
I have older / unreleased material if you want to fill up free space, by the way.

Well if we have officially doubled the space, then post what you've got, or send it to Tepples directly and we'll see what we have room for. I see no reason to exclude things if we still have space.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:27 am 

I always have experiments I can quickly tune into little games. Let me see :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:52 am 

(probably silly) question: Will the ROMs at the compo site will be updated with the latest versions, or will they be substituted for the multicart download?

I'm asking 'cause some entries have been improved, most changed, and some even bug fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:25 pm 

There's a big 'revised' folder in my Action 53 volume 3 project folder that I could zip and upload here once the cart goes gold.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:05 pm 
Formerly WhatULive4

I'm
na_th_an wrote:
(probably silly) question: Will the ROMs at the compo site will be updated with the latest versions, or will they be substituted for the multicart download?

I'm asking 'cause some entries have been improved, most changed, and some even bug fixed.

In the past I didn't update any of the entries, but if tepples does upload all the final versions that will be on the Cart, I would be happy to put a disclaimer at the beginning of the compo page and link to the latest download.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:32 pm 

Quote:
In the past I didn't update any of the entries, but if tepples does upload all the final versions that will be on the Cart, I would be happy to put a disclaimer at the beginning of the compo page and link to the latest download.
Supplement, not replace, please.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:54 pm 

My ream concern is that one of my games can't really be finished, that's all :-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:33 am 
Formerly WhatULive4

na_th_an wrote:
My ream concern is that one of my games can't really be finished, that's all :-)

In that case I could make an exception and change the main download. Maybe not change it, but just add it (also maintaining the original version).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:49 pm 

VEG wrote:
Is it possible to add this one to the Category 2 (the non-contest category)? =)

Good luck getting permission from Alex North's music publisher for that tune. Rainwarrior might have the best idea of how to approach this after having done MOON8.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 pm 

My approach for MOON8 was to pretend it's covered by mechanical royalties and pay them as such.

YMMV, but probably I would have had the same result (i.e. nothing) if I had not paid royalties at all. At least I can say it "felt" more legal.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:03 am 

Rahsennor wrote:
Jupiter Scope 2 and CYO both looked, sounded and felt great, but the gameplay was a complete letdown. Maybe I've played too much Touhou.

…"CYO"? I don't see that anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:17 am 

Cover Your Own is a hypertext viewer that I developed for Hagen's Alley Books back in February to port gamebooks to the NES. One was shown at Midwest Gaming Classic 2017, if I remember correctly. That's why I asked a month ago if anyone knew of suitable gamebooks: I've been given the OK to release Cover Your Own to the public, and I wanted something to test with, possibly to fill unused space in Action 53 volume 3.

EDIT: Oh, you're talking about that CYO, the one that was withdrawn.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:01 pm 

Hmm. Well, it's not in that "archive". Archive.org's copy isn't old enough, either. Don't suppose anyone has a copy I could have?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next