It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:55 am 

Nesdev members feel sorry for Doug. Doug should totally get a better job :P

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:14 am 

Here's a real write up...

Doug Fraker has contributed 2 entries this year: Flappy Jack and Rock Paper Scissors. Besides programming, Doug writes music, and he's in a classic rock cover band. He recently celebrated the completion of Vigilante Ninja 2, and is currently working on other NES titles.

nesdoug.com, blog and NES tutorial
@nesdoug2 on Twitter

I've hidden my email on the 'contact' page of my webpage, where I'm sure nobody will find it. You don't need to include my email anywhere. I'm a hermit, and contact with other humans frightens me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:41 pm 

dougeff wrote:
Here's a real write up...

Doug Fraker has contributed 2 entries this year: Flappy Jack and Rock Paper Scissors. Besides programming, Doug writes music, and he's in a classic rock cover band. He recently celebrated the completion of Vigilante Ninja 2, and is currently working on other NES titles.

nesdoug.com, blog and NES tutorial
@nesdoug2 on Twitter

I've hidden my email on the 'contact' page of my webpage, where I'm sure nobody will find it. You don't need to include my email anywhere. I'm a hermit, and contact with other humans frightens me.

Before a misunderstanding happens, is that last paragraph supposed to be included on the poster?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:42 pm 

No.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:33 am 

Aleff Correa is someone who never managed to evolve his projects past the "I made my name appear on the screen" phase. After countless failed attempts he decided he was going to finish a game for once, and the result was Brick Breaker, included on this compilation.

Use my ninja avatar as a logo.

I like the idea even though I hate to write about myself... this reminds me of Enix competition computer games with the author's bio on the back of the box.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:19 am 

Quote:
Aleff Correa is someone who never managed to evolve his projects past the "I made my name appear on the screen" phase. After countless failed attempts he decided he was going to finish a game for once, and the result was Brick Breaker, included on this compilation.

Are you feeling ok, buddy?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:36 am 

dougeff wrote:
Quote:

Are you feeling ok, buddy?

What makes you think I may not be? Be more direct so I can do changes in the text, there's really nothing I can write about myself, at least related to game development.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:08 pm 

Quote:
What makes you think I may not be?

From a list of 'signs a person might be depressed'...
-pessimism
-negative thoughts about themselves

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:21 pm 

dougeff wrote:
Quote:
What makes you think I may not be?

From a list of 'signs a person might be depressed'...
-pessimism
-negative thoughts about themselves

Maybe it's the way I wrote it but I don't see the "pessimism". I'll try to write more straightforward text next time to avoid misinterpretation. In fact it's supposed to be the complete opposite, I meant to say that I would never get off the ground with a game until the competition motivated me to finish one, that's all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:16 pm 

dustmop is a general hacker and game designer. He takes inspiration from the classics, both old and new, with an appreciation for subtle, layered mechanics. This year is his first entry in the nesdev compo: Filthy Kitchen, which he developed and did the art for. Music done by Luke Silas. You can find more of his work, and contact info, at http://dustmop.io