Progress Thread: Robo-Ninja Climb

Moderator: Moderators

na_th_an

Re: Progress Thread: Robo-Ninja Climb

Post by na_th_an »

It is much, much better now. Quite addictive, easy to control, and fun. Great job, I quite had a time testing it. I loved the powerups I got to see (latest, the rocket - nice change in the gameplay!).
gauauu

Post by gauauu »

na_th_an wrote:It is much, much better now. Quite addictive, easy to control, and fun. Great job, I quite had a time testing it. I loved the powerups I got to see (latest, the rocket - nice change in the gameplay!).
Thanks! If you got the rocket, then you're right at the end!
gauauu

Post by gauauu »

Since everyone else is doing it (I'm a sucker for peer pressure), I updated the first post with the final competition version.
gauauu

Post by gauauu »

Just an FYI, I ported Robo-Ninja Climb to the Atari 2600. Part of the fun was attempting to directly use as much of the NES code as possible (since they are both 6502), merely replacing the rendering, controls, etc. A good bit had to be rewritten for the Atari, but I was happily surprised with how much I was able to reuse.
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

That's a nice port! Good work, really love those things :)
gauauu

Post by gauauu »

I figured with perfectly good C code for this game lying around, I should see what else I could port it to. The Dreamcast port of Robo-Ninja Climb is now tentatively finished. It uses the same C code from the NES (and Atari) versions, and once again just swaps out all the IO code.