Thwaite (remix): want to collaborate?
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:29 pm
Over the past week, I've been improving Thwaite (GitHub; previous topic) toward the remix compo.
- Use more libraries shared by my other games, in their own segment
- Compress dialogue and other text using DTE, freeing about 1 KiB. About 1400 bytes of PRG ROM are free if I keep it within NROM-128.
- Eliminate use of deprecated PackBits library
- Pan over the whole town during cutscenes
- Graphical improvements
- Dialogue, including revamping the ending
- Imagine something for NPCs to do during cut scenes
- Write new 1 AM theme so as not to repeat 4 AM
- Code review to find space or time inefficiencies or The Daily WTF-worthy problems
- Play testing to find suggestions for things I could improve