I don't yet have a title, and I have a few other plans for interesting twists, but I wanted to post it here early to hear opinions. I'd like to leave out screenshots and descriptions of how it works at least initially, because I think part of the appeal is figuring it out gradually without any instruction.
I have several deadlines, with versions in different levels of completion planned. The first is Magfest the first week of January where I want to have some music tracks finished, at least 32 levels, and saving of best scores per level. The second is a version for the homebrew competition without saving, so I have to consider whether it would be worthwhile to have a password that stores level completion (not best scores), figure out a name for it, and make a pretty title screen with the name. Then the final version after the competition will take it from a demo to a full game, I'd like to have 100 levels, and some twists like hidden alternate goals and bonus levels. Saving will store best (lowest) scores, with an indicator on the level select screen for perfect scores.
It'll still be under heavy development, so let me know what you think, and I'll update the file regularly. I just finished a level editor that allows immediate testing, and outputs to JSON, and an EXE that builds a new ROM with a JSON level file. If you're interested in making levels, I would be very grateful!
Thanks for playing,
- Fixed bug where help toggle incremented move counter
- Added music (my first two song attempts, and I still hope to improve em)
- Game over screen when beating every level
- New title card with final name + credits screen
- Switched to NROM
- Two full pages of levels (32 total)
- Fixed bug where worse scores saved
- Non-flash-saving version for multi-cart
- More levels (29 total)
- Best scores preserved only until reset, icons for played/pro score/perfect score on level select