website builder

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

marcus36

website builder

Post by marcus36 » Sat May 04, 2019 10:36 am

Hi there? I am here to ask a question on creating a website. I work in a website building company. And my answer is would you choose to create a website through a builder, without coding?

tepples

Re: website builder

Post by tepples » Sat May 04, 2019 11:58 am

A lot of people here do in fact use Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress.com, 3dcart, Itch.io, GitHub, Kickstarter, Patreon, or other silos to create their web presence with no coding. Others take an IndieWeb approach, with a shared hosting or VPS account connected to their own domain, and upload WordPress, MediaWiki, or some other website maintenance package. I've done both.

Does your company offer a solution for showcasing software that someone has made for the Nintendo Entertainment System, such as screenshots, videos, downloadable software releases, and a source code repository? Or e-commerce hosting to take orders from people interested in buying an NES cartridge?

(Keep your eyes on this one.)

Garth

Re: website builder

Post by Garth » Sat May 04, 2019 5:40 pm

I have a voluminous 6502 website, all written with a plain text editor, directly in html. HTML's basics are pretty simple, and most people here are probably interested in programming anyway. I have made up a couple of cheat sheets for myself, for the tags and special characters I use sometimes but not often enough to remember them for sure every time I need them. I wanted a simple site without the fancy stuff that exasperates me about other sites. If I were selling shoes or cars or consumer electronics and had to have a shopping cart and take credit cards and so on, then yes, I'd have to get a lot more complex; but people on this forum probably aren't doing that.

If you provide software for people to create websites through a builder, please, please, please make the font default to black! Somebody had the idea years ago that making it gray to "soften" it was attractive; but although my visual acuity is fine, the gray font dramatically slows down my reading and reduces my comprehension. Black, please!
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources