Can I commission a game?

The Membler Industries, Strangulation Games, and Strangulation Records forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Meesterjojo

Can I commission a game?

Post by Meesterjojo »

I saw some of these NES games you made in the past and am wondering if I could commission ya'll to create a *small/short* game for me.

If you're interested, let me know. Price isn't much of an object.

Oh, are your older games for sale?
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

Yeah, I'd be interested almost for sure. Let me know more about the game you have in mind, and I'll see what I can do for you. (post here, or email me @comcast.net)

Are you interested in having the game on one or a few cartridges, or something else?

Currently, I'm working on the BIOS and firmware for my NES devcart design. This is a priority for me, but I should have it done fairly soon and then I can focus my full attention to new projects.

I haven't sold any copies of my old games (except for a prototype of Roadkill), but I do have the capability to build carts of them now. Which one might you be interested in?
Meesterjojo

Post by Meesterjojo »

Thanks for your quick reply!

I want to do the cliched "will you marry me" NES cart. At least I've seen it done, but I always thought it was a neat idea.

What I envision is a Mario Bros hack or a Zelda hack. I would only need 1 or 2 levels with Mario Bros. Things like coins changed to rings, etc, with the message at the castle. If you have a better idea, I'd love to hear it- I'm up for anything. I thought this would be a way for a serious collector to propose in a way which reflects my lifestyle (uber geekdom).

As for your other games- heh they seemed unique, offensive, and are simply a must for my collection. Please drop me a line @ rev_jojoAThotmail.com and we can discuss prices for all of this?

Thank you, again, for your time on this.
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

Wow, that's great. :D

I've got some ideas, I'll email you.
WhoaMan

Post by WhoaMan »

Meesterjojo wrote: I want to do the cliched "will you marry me" NES cart. At least I've seen it done, but I always thought it was a neat idea.
dude, i did something similar once... worked great. i will be happy to help in any way i can. anything from carts to labels to whatever... except i suck at graphics
xian106

Post by xian106 »

Hi,Meesterjojo,I want to tell you that Memblers is very good at creating games.And he always help others doing games.
I think you can get a nice service.
Well.good luck everyone
doppelganger

Post by doppelganger »

I'm just curious. Did this ever amount to anything?
Be whatever the situation demands.
atari2600a

Post by atari2600a »

How about the intro in Megaman II w/ the intro text saying something nice about your hopefully to-be fiance then at the very top it says "WILL YOU MARRY ME?", then on the "START | CONTINUE" screen have it say "YES | NO".

EDIT: Oh, & w/ the Megaman sprite at the top of the building in a suit.

Code: Select all

*=$0000
loop      JMP loop
          .eof
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

doppelganger wrote:I'm just curious. Did this ever amount to anything?
I played with a really fun SMB editor, changed Mario into the princess with tiles from SMB2 (and palette mods), but got hung up on the details of changing the music and some other things.

The compilation of other games eventually became Garage Cart. Which turned out pretty well, I thought.