experimenter board

The Membler Industries, Strangulation Games, and Strangulation Records forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Memblers
Site Admin

experimenter board

Post by Memblers »

I've always thought it would be kind of cool to have something like a "general-purpose" PCB for the NES. Like perfboard with an NES edge connector and possibly a few traces to help out. An experimenter board.

Before I always went from a design straight to PCB, but since I have several ideas I want to try out, it's be cool to rewire it and have a board like this to screw around with later on.

So I was just curious, if anyone else was interested in such a board. I'll have extras, but in the next few weeks if anyone has any requests for any parts that require special footprints that they'd want to see, let me know and I'll see if I can fit it in. Probably I'll have it fit in an NES case, but there's no reason I couldn't just make it really huge (if you use sockets might as well forgot about the case anyways).
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Can you make a famicom one to?
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

If there's enough demand. Otherwise it would double the cost. If only a few would ever use it, it may be cheaper to use an NES-to-FC adapter.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

I suppose. Its just hard to find good nes to fc adaptors (mine works but isnt 100% correct pitch it seems)