[SPAM]

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

[SPAM]

Post by Guest »

[removed]
Celius

Post by Celius »

That was COMPLETELY worthless spam. Do not post here. Ever. Again. Not only does that upset me, that REALLY gets some other people PISSED. What the hell does this have to do with ANYTHING? : NOTHING. Do NOT post here if you do not have anything to say about NESdev. If it doesn't even involve the NES, what the hell are you doing here? Go away, spammer.
Quietust

Post by Quietust »

Celius - spam posts, such as the above, are generated by spambots, so there is absolutely no point in replying to them.

This particular spambot is now banned.
Quietust, QMT Productions
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
lord_Chile

hi

Post by lord_Chile »

how can you remove spambots on php pages?????
(serious question)

jokes:

can you make spam on nes??? =P
go away fool spambot! because I, master of nes is here..
but what is a byte??? =P
what is a chr?? =P

(i know it.. but it's very funny ask what is a byte)

good luck to nesdev world.. ah.. for years i have read Yoshi.. i think that he is god of nesdev.. what do you think experts nesdev men about him??
do yoshi appears near of here???
tepples

Re: hi

Post by tepples »

lord_Chile wrote:how can you remove spambots on php pages?????
(serious question)
The first step is requiring users to register before posting. This'll also get rid of those "Sorry, I wasn't logged in" posts.
ah.. for years i have read Yoshi.. i think that he is god of nesdev..
This topic about Y0shi (now known as koitsu) should prove interesting.
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

tepples wrote: The first step is requiring users to register before posting. This'll also get rid of those "Sorry, I wasn't logged in" posts.
Well, it will be worse. If you make a post and if you were automatically looged out for anyother reason, when you'll press the Submit button, the board will ask you to log in again, and all the stuff you wrote would be DELETED. It already happened to me in another PHPBB board, I don't remember exactly, but it was very frustrating.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
lord_chile

one question about NWC 1990

Post by lord_chile »

what is difference between Nintendo world championship gold catridge 1990 and Nintendo world championship gray catridge 1990???

because NWC gold is more valuable in money on buy sites...
difference is only color?
or difference are games inside??
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

tepples: We still get a lot of bots registering here (even with the captcha enabled), so I clean out the user list occasionally. Easy to spot though, since they just set their homepage to suspicious sites and rarely post. The spammers are way ahead of phpBB apparantly.

Bregalad: Yeah, that always sucks. Usually if I type a lot of text I'll do a ctrl+c to copy it to the clipboard before posting, it's a useful habit, heheh.

lord_chile: I think it's due to rarity. The gold one must be less common. Either that or just looks that much cooler. The software and hardware is the same.

And I'm moving this thread to general.
lord_Chile

mr admin memblers..

Post by lord_Chile »

I have noticed... that many people make any demos for learn nes 6502... but people of here learning 6502 making demos very simplistic in order to learn no?.. it's like me.. and asking people here we can making correct ultra mini test demos. I know that on nesdev exist links to demos.. but i think that people of this forums make more comprehensive demos and more small.. it's very good for beginners... because are demos of beginners (newbies in help center).. can you make a new stable forum in order that newbie people of this place give with links of demos that they have created???... yesterday. i finish my first demo.. hello world... and i am adding sound to it... i would like share it.. in a stable forum.. i say stable forums to forums that cannot be created by any user like newbie help center, etc... then inside it new stable forum, we can give links of "newbie 6502 codes" or write any codes inside it.. i suggest like name of forum..

i only suggest.. i think is a very good idea-...
and too experimented people can go to newbie 6502 codes and give any suggest in order to improve skills..
tokumaru

Re: mr admin memblers..

Post by tokumaru »

lord_Chile, I don't know if it is a good idea that the beginners start to spread their first demos around. I think the first demo is something you keep to yourself. You see, as people are just starting, they're not sure exactly what they are doing, and many times they do what they are told to in a message, just to fix their programs.

Then, you end up with a simple demo that works in emulators, but as beginners are not really sure of what they're doing yet, the code is not very accurate and may not run on real hardware.

Now, how can spreading bad code be good for anyone? Other beginners will get confused from reading bad code. And more experienced people... well, would be very annoyed with the newbies asking why the code they adapted from other newbie doesn't work, and having to explain everything that is wrong with it over and over. And people don't usually read long posts with source codes, it is boring. We can spot a few errors, but not all.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Bregalad wrote:If you make a post and if you were automatically looged out for anyother reason, when you'll press the Submit button, the board will ask you to log in again, and all the stuff you wrote would be DELETED.
No it won't if you use Firefox. Press the back button to return to the "Post a reply" form, open the login in a new tab, and continue. Only Microsoft Internet Explorer deletes text when you press the Back button on a phpBB.