Why was SNESdev relocated under "other retro dev"?

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

zzo38

Re: Why was SNESdev relocated under "other retro dev"?

Post by zzo38 »

tepples wrote:But I don't understand how knowing who posted the last message would help anyone. If the idea is that you would be more likely to open a topic if the user who posted the last comment is a user whose post you are expecting, then someone else could post a comment in a different topic and thereby destroy that information.
Mainly so that you can see whether or not it is yourself. However, displaying the time of the last message would be much more important than who, so that you can know when the most recent message was, in case you haven't read all messages yet (maybe you don't want all messages anyways, or want to read them later instead, you might not mark as read), you can know how recent the last message is. So, the purpose is different; to tell you if there is a new one, rather than whether or not there is an unread one. (I myself always use the "last post" column and don't really use the read/unread icons, although I can understand that other people do, so it would still help them to have it.)
(Free Hero Mesh - FOSS puzzle game engine)
nitro2k01

Re: Why was SNESdev relocated under "other retro dev"?

Post by nitro2k01 »

Thank you for removing the post icon from read subforums. I found it hard to immediately see from the front page which color the smaller icon was, compared to the previous layout.