The Terminator: The Official Board Game

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

The Terminator: The Official Board Game

Post by Drew Sebastino »

I just came across this (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ev ... board-game) today, and I decided to post something here because of the absurdity of the fact this is being made in 2017, if it had to be made ever (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes board games). $60 is pretty damn steep for a board game though and I have a feeling that it would cost upwards of $300 if you were to buy all of the expansions packs, but it just looks so cool! :lol: Also, I like their efforts to ignore any of the other Terminator movies. People can bitch about Terminator 3 all they want, but all of its problems stemed directly from Terminator 2, like reliance on special effects, (why do people rip on the mirror scene in the first movie but praise the terribly dated CG for the T-1000?) nonsensical plot that contradicts rules set earlier (everything in the first movie was explained, except for how Sarah can outrun a semi truck. How can you stop Judgement Day if its responsible for anything in the movie to even exist?), hamfisted jokes (making fun at the terminator), etc. Basically, each movie has more and more become standard popcorn munching summer blockbuster trash, (like any Marvel movie) and the fact that Terminator 2 is getting a 3D rerelese (http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/8 ... t#/slide/1) further points to that.
Dwedit

Re: The Terminator: The Official Board Game

Post by Dwedit »

The Terminator: Learn to properly set up a thinnet ethernet network.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Post by Drew Sebastino »

Umm, what? :lol:
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

Watch out for SkyNet!
It's already worldwide!
Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Post by Drew Sebastino »

I don't understand how businesses and the like can be named after something that big and be unaware of it. Tepples already showed me that a website called www.fami.com exists.

You know what? It's incredible there is going to be what looks like a very good board game based of the first Terminator, when every video game based off it is garbage (although I heard the Sega CD version is pretty good.) The only even "alright" Terminator sequel games I've heard of is the Terminator 2 arcade game and the Terminator Salvation arcade game, which ironically seems to have a better reception than the movie itself. There's one at the arcade and another at the movie near my father's house, but it's $2 to start and $1 to continue, which is ridiculous especially for an on rails shooter where you're even more prone to die.

You know what's even more incredible than that (and still on the topic of video games)? I haven't seen anyone make the obvious comparison of The Terminator to the Virtual Boy... This raycasting demo seems to be a start though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOc7J3pIxgI :lol:
Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Post by Drew Sebastino »

I see that today, Microsoft has released code of some sort to replicate the Terminator HUD on their "HoloLens" augmented reality headset: https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/ ... qi6OXM8.97

I've never heard of this thing until now. Also, maybe it matched better in my mind, but still. :lol:

Erockbrox

Post by Erockbrox »

I think Terminator 2 is one of the best movies ever made. Terminator 3, 4 and 5 suck in my opinion.
Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Post by Drew Sebastino »

Hate me if you want to, But having seen 1, 2, and 3, I group 2 and 3 closer together than 1 and 2 in terms of quality. The original Terminator is just such a fantastic movie in terms of atmosphere and story, while Terminator 2 is much more of a generic action movie (carrying over all the bad associated with them). Terminator 3 followed this, but was much dumber and more poorly constructed (bigger reliance on obnoxious, over-the-top nonsense and lame, unwarranted jokes). The Terminator is in a whole different league, while The Terminator 2 and 3 are in the same one, although at opposite ends. If I had to rate the three movies, I'd say The Terminator: 10/10, Terminator 2: 7.5/10, Terminator 3: 6/10. Again, I'm probably not part of the majority... :lol: You can't deny the awesomeness of this scene though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ebTXeD1Rg#t=03m07s

Oh yeah, I've never seen Terminator Salvation. It looks mediocre, but if I ignore the title, it looks like it could be semi-decent. Terminator Genisys looks like shit either way, but people bashing on the CGI Arnold at the beginning is ridiculous. These are the same people who act like the T-1000 is the most life-like thing they've ever seen.