Romhacking.net down?

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Myask

Re: Romhacking.net down?

Post by Myask »

tepples wrote:I have an up-to-date copy of the wikitext and HTML of each page on NESdev Wiki, but I lost shell access sometime since the server move in September.
That doesn't include the BBS data, which many of the wikipages use as source.
tepples

Post by tepples »

BBS data is somewhat harder to keep up to date. Like MediaWiki, phpBB allows someone to edit any post at any time. (In the case of MediaWiki, it's any confirmed user, and in the case of phpBB, it's the user who posted it or any moderator.) But phpBB offers no efficient way to query out a list of only those posts that have been edited. So in order to keep a mirror of the BBS data up to date, I'd have to spider the whole dang site. I did that for a static HTML backup during the move from Parodius, but I'd need to get WhoaMan's approval before doing it continuously.
zeroone

Post by zeroone »

Any update on all this. I am having trouble accessing http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/ at the moment.

Edit: The site seems to be going up and down for me. It could be a connectivity issue for me or they are doing some sort of temporary maintenance. I hope that wiki stays alive. It contains tons of valuable information.