It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Rate my business card?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:32 am 
Formerly 65024U

http://imgur.com/a/WjVoR

The first image is the back of the card, it's themed like sublime. Mainly for notes that I want to give to people for whatever reason. QR code goes to my website, themed like the card.

Second image is the front, self explanatory.

Third image is my website when you go to the main URL.

Fouth image is what the site looks like when its accessed through the QR code on the site, can work for any number of sites I want.

I posted it somewhere else expecting to get good feedback, and got trolls and people telling me it really sucked, so it had me thinking. Is it really that bad? What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:57 pm 
Formerly WheelInventor

Maybe they're of the variety that likes to debate whether eggshell or coconut white is trending/appropriate for a business card? :P

As long as it conveys what you do, what service you provide, or what problem you can fix, i think anything goes. I think it's nice that there's space for notes (for you or the customer to fill in).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:09 pm 

Maybe fade or blur the code a tiny bit so it looks more background-y and doesn't distract from the details.

I also probably wouldn't plop Tux front and centre on my card like that. Tux is great, but it strikes me as confusing and a little amateurish to make someone (thing) else's logo your logo. It also pigeonholes you a little bit...are you open to working on stuff besides Linux? If you had a bunch of logos illustrating the different tools you can work with, that'd be ok.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:56 pm 
Formerly 65024U

I might work on making a black and white card, to make it cheap and to make it easy to do nicer lettering tiles, like a vinyl letter overlay instead that I've seen. But yeah on the tux, I love linux, I don't work on Windows or Mac software basically, which is why I did want to put him on there specifically. I could do general maintenance and work on Windows and Mac easily, but I hate Windows and Mac for development and see them as limited in their time of usefulness. I hate closed source crap, too. Hence tux. Engineers and software people know what I'm about easily, and Tux looks good.

But maybe I'll make a montage of all the things I can work on and make a black and white front? I dunno, I'll experiment on a better design using more general logos and such. I'll report back here for feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:29 pm 
Formerly 65024U

Anyone else have an input? I'm working on a two-color style card now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:58 am 

Maybe crop+align the business card differently to make things more uniformly padded. Like this:

The website looks amateurish.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:12 pm 
Formerly 65024U

Besides lack of content, what makes it look amateurish? And the red one is horrible, I know, it's gonna get a better design eventually.