Just an idea I had

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Re: Just an idea I had

Post by FrankenGraphics »

sumez wrote:The fact that you can only buy from US retailers is definitely an issue as well - an optimal solution would be a shop with its own stock
This is exactly the issue i want to address from a EU standpoint. Lowering the bar of required insight into the scene is also a nice bonus.
FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Idea 2: On such a page, or another, keep a blog tracking release dates for physicals and crowdfunding campaigns related to specific homebrew platforms (just the NES or more?). Ideally, its aim is to become the go-to source for retro and indie game journalists in this field. No specials, everyone gets described same as the other and a link to the project page. Think of it as a news agency.
FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

memblers wrote:This is getting a little out there, but.. Cheapocabra cart with bootloader, connected via USB to Appstore-capable device?
The nice part of this idea is this: Cost reduction and low manual handling. The consumer only needs to buy one cart. Immaterial distribution can be kept cheap, even for the buyer. Would they retain keys so they can overwrite games previously purchased?

A critical point is that there has to be a large enough library for the GTROM specifically @ the release date of the service. And then there's a more minor drawback of it being a bit more fidgety than just ordering a game and plopping it into your unit when it arrives.