It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:07 am 

Yes,but it's not 100% software,i think mode 7 must be used for zooming .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:43 am 

Zooming?

I think that's the first time I've seen that 3D segment from Toy Story on the SNES. What's really impressive is how smooth it runs; looks like it even runs at a higher framerate than the Genesis version. Of course, the resolution is lower, so there's that.

The people in the comment section are crazy; the Genesis version looks better but the SNES version sounds better? Wtf? I like the dark colors of the Genesis version, but I don't think that makes it more technically impressive. The SNES version sounds like hot garbage; the only part that sounds clearer is the "hello" voice sample, but it sounds nothing like the aliens from the movie. Sounds like people are giving pre-programmed responses based on "knowledge" of the hardware. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:38 am 

The SNES version has more colors onscreen. I don't think it's zooming in, because it looks as sharp as the Sega version, just with a smaller screen.

I like the "preprogrammed responses" comment. It's like how Thunder Force 3 runs at the same speed on both SNES and Sega Genesis and people think the Genesis version is twice as fast. I've seen slowdown on both versions of the game, and they're pretty much in the same places.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:45 am 

Quote:
because it looks as sharp as the Sega version, just with a smaller screen.

Yes i have also noted that it's not as pixelated as usual with mode 7.
It's really good if all the redering is done with the CPU, and mode 7 is only here to have a "chunky" display .

thunder spirit on snes is really bad coded, it slowdown for nothing,in the space level, there is a lot a things on screen and it doesn't slowdown that mush compared with the first levels .

https://youtu.be/yiFV_-ENxjc?t=9m18s

Last edited by TOUKO on Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:29 pm 

The weird thing is that the frame rate only drops a little bit, like it's running at 45 fps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:31 pm 

Besides the whole CPU speed comparison stuff, I see the same type of "logic" in everything including college academia. College Professors either just believe what other people with PHDs told them, or make shit up without any kind of experimentation or anything. I really don't give a damn what kind of nonsense is on "US department of education" website. Everything is just circular reporting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:22 pm 

I don't think actual logic is the issue. It sounds to me like what people call logic isn't really logic, which is an issue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6