Add hardware cart gallery to nesdev

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

krzysiobal

Add hardware cart gallery to nesdev

Post by krzysiobal »

bootgod.dyndns.org:7777 is great place to find info about official NES/Famicom carts but it does not have any data about bootleg/pirate carts. Curiously, in contrary to official carts (which share same PCBS and are quite boring from electronic point) , every bootleg is different in some way, possibly containing fresh ideas on chip connecting.

I repair famiclones/carts quite often so I have access to many different bootlegs and analyzed lots of them. From time to time I put info about them on nesdev wiki, but such data is rather hard to find later, so

I thought of adding some kind of database (with electronic schemes, PCB scans) to nesdev portal which would make accessing such data esasier. Also, many diffrent nes-like websites have their carts galleries, but finding cart pcb photos there is rather not common

Me, Fisher, and probably other users could contribute to this section.
Pokun

Re: Add hardware cart gallery to nesdev

Post by Pokun »

I remember there are lots of databases for unlicensed games, but as you say they might not have PCB scans. I think it's a good idea since there are lots of people from Famiclone countries that are interested in these carts (and some people from NES countries that also collect them).
Fisher

Re: Add hardware cart gallery to nesdev

Post by Fisher »

That would be great!
A nice way to put that scans to good use. :-)