My First TCRF Article! (Gunforce II, lol)

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

My First TCRF Article! (Gunforce II, lol)

Post by Drew Sebastino »

Shameless self advertising, but it's still interesting: https://tcrf.net/Gunforce_II Everything was found by me, unsurprisingly; I'm kind of kicking myself in the head for just now finding this for how much I've played it. The game already runs like shit with one player, so I have no idea how they would have managed with four. However, this same team would go on to release Metal Slug 2, so I don't think they had very high standards for when it came to performance. :lol:

Edit (12/3/17): Unused tileset discovered! :)
B00daW

Re: My First TCRF Article! (Gunforce II, lol)

Post by B00daW »

Fun stuff. :)

Guess the tiles just have to be pieced together. :)
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

I created the Ghostbusters article just to document the Japanese version missing the ending text. Riri.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Post by Drew Sebastino »

B00daW wrote:Fun stuff. :)

Guess the tiles just have to be pieced together. :)
I haven't had much time to do it so it's taken a while, but here's my first attempt:
Tiles.png
On the bottom two pictures, I'm not exactly sure if I have the right tiles on each one. Also, I obviously missed quite a few tiles; it's apparent that this thing is supposed to be animated and that spots that are not animated will be shared between the three versions, but the two bottom images do not have the same number of tiles. It's obvious that the upper right image is what this thing is supposed to look like destroyed. I really don't have a clue as to how this thing would work in the game, as I don't see what its attack would be.