NovaCon 2019 / NESdev midwest meetup (July 20th?)

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

rainwarrior

Re: NovaCon 2018 / NESdev midwest meetup (June 16th)

Post by rainwarrior »

Wow, Double-Lizarding it. :)

Next time you do it I hope I have a car or some means to make the trip, though I'm not sure it'll ever be within reach due to the distance.

I can promise that my next NES game will be 2 player though.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Will there be one in 2019?
NovaSquirrel

Post by NovaSquirrel »

tepples wrote:Will there be one in 2019?
I'd be up for it if other people are; probably would learn from bad decisions the first time and give out my number to attending people directly instead of putting it on the front of the house on a post-it note.

We'd be able to meet up to play Micro Mages!!! And Super Homebrew War!
8bitMicroGuy

Post by 8bitMicroGuy »

NovaSquirrel wrote:
tepples wrote:Will there be one in 2019?
I'd be up for it if other people are; probably would learn from bad decisions the first time and give out my number to attending people directly instead of putting it on the front of the house on a post-it note.

We'd be able to meet up to play Micro Mages!!! And Super Homebrew War!
Too bad you guys are all in Murryca and I'm here in Croatia in Europe... :'(

But I'd definitely be willing to do a Netplay and a Let's Play with you guys on those games. You could be playing as the first 3 characters in Super Homebrew War and I'd be the 4th playing as my own character if I even manage to force myself to make at least a simplest NES game with my childhood ROM hack character Ćiko. Waddya think?
pubby

Post by pubby »

Might attend if another one of these is hosted. :beer:
MaarioS

Post by MaarioS »

Wouldn't you think this is worth higher advertising and making it more official?? This can be probably a big deal to meet more people from a cameral place like nesdev, probably worth renting a building during that time and collecting entrance fees from people to reimburse for the costs. This would be hard for me to attend as I'm from Poland, Europe so the best situation for me would be going to USA one day and attending the convention in the meantime as one of the plans of the trip. Anyway good luck!!
gauauu

Post by gauauu »

MaarioS wrote:Wouldn't you think this is worth higher advertising and making it more official?? This can be probably a big deal to meet more people from a cameral place like nesdev, probably worth renting a building during that time and collecting entrance fees from people to reimburse for the costs. This would be hard for me to attend as I'm from Poland, Europe so the best situation for me would be going to USA one day and attending the convention in the meantime as one of the plans of the trip. Anyway good luck!!
I'm pretty sure this is just more of a "hey, who wants to come hang out at my house?" sort of thing than an actual convention.
pubby

Post by pubby »

Yeah even if the entirety of nesdev got together we wouldn't fill a room :lol:

I found out recently that public libraries have bookable rooms for really cheap (sometimes free). Often they come with projector screens and other amenities. Can't host anything loud or disruptive there though.
NovaSquirrel

Post by NovaSquirrel »

gauauu wrote:I'm pretty sure this is just more of a "hey, who wants to come hang out at my house?" sort of thing than an actual convention.
Yeah basically! Referring to it as a convention is really more of a joke, as if a dinky little meeting at my house was in any way comparable to big things with thousands of people.
pubby wrote:Can't host anything loud or disruptive there though.
2018 was pretty loud and disruptive! Having it at my house also meant I could bake pizzas for people, though I could just buy food or something instead, and/or other people could pitch in there. I actually have a job and a programmer salary now so I could probably put more into this sort of thing.

I still wouldn't mind doing another one of these if we pick a date, though it's going to have to be a Saturday or Sunday of course.
Senphiroth1134

Post by Senphiroth1134 »

Hello.

Just posting to say hello I found this website sorta through retronauts and Jeremy Parish....

I guess with the video game community splintering so much I thought it wise to take a flyer on the retro thing...

That said I still support the main line of video games continuing on (in 2019 etc)

But I think outside of the legal issues which are clearing up certainly nothing wrong I think being here talking about these things
I think the future can be right er bright for origianal NES hardware interest/development etc.

For me my interest is strictly perhaps one day getting an original NES of some kind... and then perhaps some games of some kind
and playing those mroe r or less for the first time to my knowledge...

I started playing games just after the NES's original kind of wave which continued until 1990 something I'm fairly sure and
am thus unfamiliar witht he whole situation basically and the kinds of games it had.

Ok that's all I got.
NovaSquirrel

Post by NovaSquirrel »

How about I just pick a random weekend in July and set that as a date? If anyone wants to meet up again this year, that is.

I haven't had anyone else suggest a day so far and I think this is stalled on that. July 6th, 13th, 20th or 27th work for anyone?
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

NovaSquirrel wrote: I haven't had anyone else suggest a day so far and I think this is stalled on that. July 6th, 13th, 20th or 27th work for anyone?
20th or 27th are the ones that work for me.
NovaSquirrel

Post by NovaSquirrel »

Might as well go with the earliest and do July 20th then