I deleted my youtube acount

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

psycopathicteen

Re: I deleted my youtube acount

Post by psycopathicteen »

Pretty much, it's something I notice whenever I make a video. How dry my voice always comes out. It doesn't help that my phone's microphone isn't very good.
jmorgan1993

Post by jmorgan1993 »

You can never please everyone, but you can always improve your content to avoid their negative comments.
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

There's some simple breathing techniques you can use to make your voice sound better.
Basically, you should breath by using your diafragma (the muscle that splits your chest from your belly) and relax your chest allowing the air to flow through your throat as you speak.
Also, you can make tests with relation of how contracted/relaxed your neck and throat muscles are and the final results of your voice. But be careful, because keeping these muscles too contracted for long periods of time can hurt you.

Notice that your own voice recorded will sound different, because we also perceive sounds through the bones of our skull.
It's nice to have some friend(s) to listen and opinate about your voice.
The ambient you're recording, the microphone and it's positioning also plays a big hole on the overall audio quality.
Most experienced people say that the microphone should be considered part of your voice, so you should learn it's limitations and how to circunvent them by changing a little the way you speak.

You can also record your voice multiple times and mix with panning/echo/reverb to make your voice sound less "dry", but it's not as simple/cheap as changing a little the way you breath/speak.

Sorry about this long post, but I couldn't find the webpage I originally had read this years ago.
I used these techniques when I needed to talk to many people in open spaces without any help of electronic devices.
At first it was a bit difficult, but with some practice I managed to be heard and understood by all.
Hope it can help ou too.
psycopathicteen

Post by psycopathicteen »

jmorgan1993 wrote:You can never please everyone, but you can always improve your content to avoid their negative comments.
Is there any way I can improve content without pretending to be a liberal?

I'm not alt right either, but I rarely come across them anyway.