game news: You'll be able to visit my town in the future

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

game news: You'll be able to visit my town in the future

Post by FrankenGraphics »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-jhpj3Zts

A bit of backstory: "Mutant" was a tabletop role playing game from the 80s which borrowed heavily from the theme of the american counterpart "gamma world"; but was very specific in that the zone to be explored was in Scandinavia. It is notable for its many antropomorphic tribes. Mutant year zero was overhauled (and released in english) as a more streamlined role playing game this decade where every module brought a campaign laid out to minimize the workload of the dungeon master.

Anyway, it seems there's an x-com like video game coming out this year, which evidently take place on a suspiciously sunny day in Gothenburg, where i live. The theme park shown in the trailer is called Liseberg and you see gothia towers next to the park... though they show 4. I guess they built a fourth one between now and the apocalypse. Lastly: the concrete fundaments in gothia towers were made in my old hometown 100km east of gothenburg. I'll think of that if i get a chance to play this.
Sumez

Re: game news: You'll be able to visit my town in the future

Post by Sumez »

Wow, a friend of mine just shared this video, he's been working on the game for the past year or so. I didn't recognize Gothenburg in the video though (but I'll visit you guys in May for Retrospelsmässan!) I think they hired a bunch of people who got laid off when Square Enix decided to pull the plug on Io Interarctive.
dr_sloppy

Re: game news: You'll be able to visit my town in the future

Post by dr_sloppy »

Kind of unrelated to the general topic itself..

I have never been to Göteborg before, but I'll get to go there together with the company I'm working for a weekend early this May. My wife and her parents spent a couple of days there six years ago and quite enjoyed their visit. I love Swedes in general (albeit not the feminist-minded PC ones) and am looking forward to this trip. There's no chance for me at all to visit Retrospelmässan, unfortunately. :-(