I am apparently a "[symbol] apologist" and a "piece of..."

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Sour

Re: I am apparently a "swastika apologist" and a "piece of..

Post by Sour »

koitsu wrote:I don't feel the need to be everyone's friend.
Pretty much this. Sometimes it's just impossible to get along with another person, the problem might be you, it might be them, it might be a combination of both. The best solution is just to ignore it - even if you wanted to make it "right", nothing you do or say will truly fix things.

In the end, it's the internet, you can't expect everybody to like you. (especially when you consider how readily people will start badmouthing others on the internet, yay for anonymity.)
Drag

Post by Drag »

I'll come out of the woodwork to say that I'm extremely thankful for the research, development, projects, and just how this place has been a valuable resource for the silly hobby of programming a 30 year old game console.

I've had my differences though, and there's been plenty of "really guys?" moments and "yep, not touching this one" moments. I don't agree with "burn it down and salt the earth" though, nor singling out one user and/or one thread and making a sweeping generalization about everyone who's contributed here.

About my reply, my criticism was that I couldn't understand some of the behaviors around here, yet they were considered "normal". Understanding that we're a bunch of nerds here and probably aren't experts in communication nor social interactions/issues is what got me past that. Saying that the community is "thankless" is unfair, I know, but that's really how I felt when all I wanted to do was help out and it appeared that nobody was paying any mind. Maybe I was going overboard and giving advice when it wasn't called for, but it feels bad to repeatedly feel like you're being brushed off, you know?

I don't have any qualms about this place, and I don't have any issues with Xkeeper. I meant it when I said I ignored eccentricities and focused on the projects and development related things, that combined with the "understanding" from earlier is what helped me feel better.
LuigiBlood

Post by LuigiBlood »

Alp wrote:Pronouns in their bio? They have nothing of value to say. They're clearly just one of those Tumblr crazies.
Woah the judgmental thinking out of nowhere that just makes me think how bad of a person you are because of some pronouns. Even tepples is doing the pronouns thing.
zzo38

Post by zzo38 »

You do not need to leave the scene due to what other people accused you of. (And it is necessary to have the freedom of speech, too.)
tepples wrote:
koitsu wrote:Why do you feel the need to change?
For fear of having my Twitter account permanently suspended, for one thing.
If that happens, then just use something else. (Implement the Twitter API on your own computer if you need to.)
Last edited by zzo38 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Free Hero Mesh - FOSS puzzle game engine)
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
papa_november

Post by papa_november »

This shit doesn't even make sense anymore.
tepples

Post by tepples »

Agreed.

Thank you all for your support. But I do not see further discussion of this incident being productive.

(Unfortunately, I can't post the lock emoji because this board isn't configured to utf8mb4.)